Complaint Review: DAS TV

• Updated: Mon, December 20, 2010

• Reported By: Honest-Guy — London Internet United Kingdom
DAS TV
2 Hamilton Place, Hamilton Way, Internet United Kingdom

DAS TV, Digital TV Made Simple, Not Honest Liers and They Send their Customers Faulty old Stock. Mansfield, United Kingdom Internet

*UPDATE Employee: A rebuttal

Dear good people

Please read the below and use my bad experience as a learnig point not to buy anything from this company.

I purchased a Freesat Satellite kit from them. I very kindly called them to make sure everything is in stock before I made the payment.

One of their guys advised me yes and if I pay them now it will be shipped today for next day delivery. So you can imagine what I did. I paid them straight away so they can be delivered next day.

From the delivery side the item did arrive very quick by Fedex.

As soon a I opened the box the Sky Zone 1 Dish inside looked old and battered. Also all the fittings and brackets etc did not fit this dish.

This made me quite angry but mistakes do happen. I called them straight away to advise them of the problem I even emailed them pictures to show I cannot use the dish as the parts supplied do not fit. They advised me they will send the correct one asap.

Right Moving on :))

I then Unpacked the Freesat HD Satellite receiver. I straight away realized its not the brand I purchased on-line. The one I purchased was Grundig and the one they shipped was a Goodmans which is about 40.00 cheaper and lower quality.

I straight away called them and told them there is more problems with this order. The guy was trying to tell me he doesnt know how these 2 models look like and thinks they are the same. :))

I then gave him the Argos website to refresh his memory they are both different brands and look different + the one they shipped is lower value. By the sound of their reaction there was nothing they can do as there is no stock of the one I required so they shipped me a simillar one. Its strange how they also didnt give me back the money to make up for the difference.

So imagine how this feels ? You buy a Honda car and when its arrives its a Nissan because they are very simillar and both Japanese.

I am shocked how this can happen in the UK. Due to my anger I have spent time to write this messages and tell you what sort of Cowboys they really are.

Please Please Please
do not use the below company they are not honest people.

DAS TV
Digital TV Made Simple

DAS - Digital TV Made Simple
2 Hamilton Place
Hamilton Way
Mansfield
Notts
NG18 5FA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2010 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DAS-TV/internet/DAS-TV-Digital-TV-Made-Simple-Not-Honest-Liers-and-They-Send-their-Customers-Faulty-old-565535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DAS TV

A rebuttal

AUTHOR: DAS TV - (United Kingdom)

Obviously without knowing the details of this particular customer, I cannot comment on specifics. We do have procedures in place to deal with returns and refunds, and it would seem that these were not followed in this instance.

Where goods are unavailable because of stock issues or due to suppliers changing spec, we will always endeavour to advise the customer before despatching. Where this is not possible, we will detail all changes on the documentation supplied with the order, and any price differential will be attended to as soon as possible. Again, without knowing the specifics of this particular case, it is not possible for me to explain what went wrong in this instance, but I can only reiterate that it is not standard DAS practice.

It would have been appreciated if the customer in this instance had followed the usual procedures of contacting management at DAS in order that the problems he/she experienced could have been rectified in-house.