Complaint Review: DBN, Downline Building Network, Gerald Peters

• Submitted: Sun, August 09, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 30, 2014

• Reported By:Cincinnati Ohio
DBN, Downline Building Network, Gerald Peters
P.O. Box 8147 Huntsville, Texas U.S.A.

DBN, Downline Building Network, Gerald Peters, The MLM Junkie Success Formula Deceptive Advertising is a Come-On Huntsville Texas

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: DBN-Gerald Peters system in question?

*Consumer Comment: DBN with Gerald Peters.

*General Comment: DBN actually works

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Unfair Posting

I ordered the book "MLM Junkie Success Formula" for $27. Although it contains overall good thoughts, it is little more than an advertisement for the next thing Peters wants to sell you.

The ad I ordered from says you will learn "How I have full page ads in 2 magazines completely FREE!" What does the book say about that? Peters writes "I asked the Universe (insert God here) for it".

Now I don't know about you, but I don't need to have someone tell me to pray for business success. Business knowledge is what Peters promised but did not deliver in his book. But he does say that if you buy his next product, ""The 24 Hour Cash Machine" for $99 plus shiping, that and other questions he advertised but didn't answer, will finally be answered.

Stay away from this guy. He doesn't respect you.

Katieu
Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2009 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DBN-Downline-Building-Network-Gerald-Peters/Huntsville-Texas-77340/DBN-Downline-Building-Network-Gerald-Peters-The-MLM-Junkie-Success-Formula-Deceptive-Ad-477843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DBN, Downline Building Network, Gerald Peters

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

DBN-Gerald Peters system in question?

AUTHOR: Alex Herrera - ()

The $27.00 book that you got in just a primer for upgrades and upsells. Thats how DBN and just about any online/offline business work! I see how this person may have felt that they got ripped off. Its clear to me that this person does not know the fundamentals of wealth creation (online and off) stop spending your time on internet marketing blogs, sites and such. You will find next to zero value there. Gerald Peters has a strong successful direct response copywriting background. Thats where the true Gold is at.

Sorry to hear that you felt you got ripped off for putting up $27.00 measly dollars. I've spent up to 50-75 on other programs just to go through their filtering process. This is kinda the same thing, and guess what! you failed. Such is life and it goes on. Folks like this will jump from program to program attempting to find the next best ground floor this! of pre launch that! so sad. Stick with one thing for your sake.

DBN with Gerald Peters.

AUTHOR: Cynthiathegreat - ()

This is for everyone who wants to start your own business with Geralds Peters DBN.  This program does work.   I have been with the company since January 1, 2013,  I have currently 4 active people enrolled and over 20 pre-enrollees....   When you do everything Gerald tells you to do, This will work.  I will also get my second check in tomorrows mail.   This is not a quick rich scheem so get that out of your head....

#3 General Comment

DBN actually works

AUTHOR: Ramsay - (United States of America)

I am a member of the downline building network founded by Gerald Peters.  I disagree with the lady from Ohio and her assessment.

I am a member and I am making money from this program.  I cannot assume what the lady expected, however, this is a real business that generates real money and as in all business, further sales offers will be made. I agree with Gerald. Praying to Jesus for success makes perfect sense.

I purchase Gerald's CDs and books and plan to eventually own all of them. They are helping me to increase my income and expand my thinking to be more business like and not just a person "hoping to get rich".  One of the main focuses of this program is to help as many people as possible and from helping others get what they want, you will get what you want.

I agree with Gerald.  Praying to Jesus for success makes perfect sense.

Ramsay

Below is a link for a review of the product (this is not an attempt to pitch but those who order the free package via this link will get my direct assistance)

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Unfair Posting

AUTHOR: Gerald Peters - (USA)

The book as my story in the Home Based Business Industry.

I clearly explained in the book how I run full page ads in magazines, its called organizing co-ops with your business partners, you do the leg work, write the ad etc you let your partners pay for the ad your share paid by the work you did organizing the ad campaign.

This is clearly explained in the book. I think the reader was looking for a secrect that somehow magazines would run your ads for free. Sorry no free rides. The quote she used is,

"How I have full page ads in 2 magazines completely Free" I explain in the book how I as in me, Gerald, do this

I think the real complaint was that I used the term God. Yes, I do pray for business success. Jesus thought us to Pray without ceasing. So I do as I was told. Again the book is my personal life story, that is made clear in the sales letter its how I do MLM and mail order. My personal methods.

Of course I recommend my $99 training course in the book. That is called marketing. We live in a free country were people can openly market. If I didn't back end my other programs and products I would be in business very long. This is how all business in America works.

What wasn't mentioned was that I received a letter from this complainant, I immediately wrote her a letter stating I was sorry that she didn't enjoy the book and I refunded her the $27 and the $3 shipping.

I think not posted that she received a complete refund was little dishonest on her part and completely unfair to post on this type of site and leave it as if she was tricked or ripped off when in fact I returned her money promotely.

I have sold over 2000 books and this is the only refund request and complaint I have received. 2000  in 1 pretty good odds :)

Feel Free to call me anytime we can chat books, marketing or whatever!

Gerald Peters