Complaint Review: DCS - Diversified Collection Services

• Submitted: Fri, January 02, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 02, 2009

• Reported By:Ennis Montana
DCS - Diversified Collection Services
333 North Canyons Parkway, Suite 100 Livermore, California U.S.A.

DCS - Diversified Collection Services threatening collections Livermore California

DCS has been calling me for several weeks for an old Xcel Energy bill that I didn't pay. I'd worked with Xcel to try to void the bill in question - they charged me for 2 months of service after I had already sold the house and canceled service. Well, apparently the bill hadn't been resolved and ended up with DCS for collections.

I've now been threatened by them, including, "Hopefully we won't call you too early in the morning tomorrow and wake you up." If you read other reports of them on this site, they are also threatening to garnish wages, etc.

I've offered to try to call Xcel and work this out, I've offered to provide them the same proof I provided to Xcel that I had sold the house (no way to prove I canceled service since that was a phone call.) They won't go for any of that. They just want the money. All in all, they are absolutely horrible to deal with. I plan on recording all of my phone conversations with them as evidence. By the way, be careful doing that. I can get away with it because my state is a "one-party" state and I don't need to notify them they are being recorded.

Brian
Ennis, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2009 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DCS-Diversified-Collection-Services/Livermore-California-94551/DCS-Diversified-Collection-Services-threatening-collections-Livermore-California-407261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DCS - Diversified Collection Services