Complaint Review: DCS ,Diversified Collection Services

• Updated: Tue, April 13, 2010

• Reported By: MadasHades — Ruston Louisiana United States of America
DCS ,Diversified Collection Services
P. O. Box 9056 Internet United States of America

DCS ,Diversified Collection Services Diversified Collection Services, Inc. Threatening letters to collect a debt that I had proof was satisfied. Faxed the proof and they tell me it is in review. They reviewing my evidence. Internet

I recieved a letter from DCS threatening me with tax liens against my assets, including my bank account on Friday, April 2nd, 2010.  These taxes were supposedly owed to Louisiana Department of Revenue in the amount of over $1,400.  I called and after being on hold for quite a while, I hung up.  This woman called me back and I told her that, yes, I had called and wanted to talk to someone about this letter I had recieved.  First of all, this woman just spat out more threats, even after I told her that I had records from the State of Louisiana and the IRS proving I did not owe this money.  I called DCS again on Monday, April 5th, 2010 and informed a gentleman, named Warren Maxwell that I had the documentation in front of me to prove that I did not owe this debt.  He gave me a fax number and asked me to fax the documentation to him.  I faxed the documents the next morning and called a few days later to make sure that they had gotten all 11 sheets.  I was told, very rudely I might add, that my "evidence" was being reviewed.  I contacted the Governor's office in Louisiana by email and was very  politely told that this matter was to be taken to the Louisiana Department of Revenue.  I answered this email with, "I don't think so."  I then proceeded to tell this young man who had written the email from the Governor's office that I was sure I wasn't the only one in the State having this issue and that this was not just a Department of Revenue issue.  I also asked why were tax dollars for Louisiana being collected by a company in California, of course, that question was never answered.  I will be writing letters to the newspapers and tv newspeople in my area and if anyone has had this same issue with your state tax dollars being collected from someone on the other side of the country, I would suggest you do the same.  Do not send DCS any money, there are laws that protect us from this type of harrassment and bullying.  If you feel threatened by these people, call an attorney.  There are legal procedures that collection companies have to go through before they can attach wages, property or bank accounts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2010 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DCS-Diversified-Collection-Services/internet/DCS-Diversified-Collection-Services-Diversified-Collection-Services-Inc-Threatening-let-592895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DCS ,Diversified Collection Services