Complaint Review: D&D RV Park

• Submitted: Mon, June 27, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, July 25, 2005

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
D&D RV Park
13448 Hwy. 90 Boutte, Louisiana U.S.A.

D&D RV Park ripoff, trashy, posibly dangerous, dirty air Boutte Louisiana

*Author of original report: Noise and Vandalism

I would not recommend this RV site to anyone wishing to stay in the Metro New Orleans area. During my stay I had to endure a number of problems. The quality of the air in the area was very poor and caused me to suffer sinus infection. The site is within close driving distance to a plant and the smell could make ones stomach turn. I also found the noise from the Highway traffic to be unremitting. In the evening between 4:00-6:00 p.m. the traffic is very tight. Pot Holes are also a major problem on the streets.

I was troubled that when I would go outside in the evenings I noticed a number of people walking around the area who looked like they could be dangerous. Most likely gang members from the nearby housing projects. This certainly makes it worrisome to parents of small children. D&D RV Park also has no tress to shade the area in the very hot and humid summer weather. The lack of trees made the park a bit of an eyesore. This site also offers no toilets, making the guests fend for themselves. This park could do with a good cleanup. I have stayed in Louisiana numerous times and have never come across this sort of lower class hospitality.

C.
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2005 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DD-RV-Park/Boutte-Louisiana/DD-RV-Park-ripoff-trashy-posibly-dangerous-dirty-air-Boutte-Louisiana-147715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on D&D RV Park

Noise and Vandalism

AUTHOR: C. - (U.S.A.)

In addition to an earlier report, I must include the following:

Noise from trains: D&D RV Park is also located close to rail road tracks creating frequent loud noises during the night. I concluded this happened every couple hours. The whistle from the trins can be heard clearly in the night air. Vibrations can also be felt. A drinking glass fell off a night stand and broke due to the vibrations.

Vandalism: During my stay I was told by a guest that their propane tanks had been stolen during the night. This takes me back to my earlier statement that there are "thuggish" people wondering about the area. Cops do NOT patrol the area! I found corruption to be the name of the game in the area, creating an unstable feeling in safety.