Complaint Review: DDA Directory Distribution Associates - AT&T Yellow Pages

• Updated: Fri, January 25, 2013

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
DDA Directory Distribution Associates - AT&T Yellow Pages
http://www.ddai.com/ Nationwide U.S.A.

DDA Directory Distribution Associates - AT&T Yellow Pages Still waiting on payment Hazelwood Missouri

At the end of October (10/08), with no prospect of a regular income, I got involved with delivering the Real Yellow Pages for AT&T, through a company named Directory Distributing Associates. I'd really like to know if anyone else did this, and if they're still waiting on a check...

Now I realize what it states in the contract-

"If the work is not completed to the reasonable satisfaction of DDA, payment will be withheld"...Kind of a generous loophole, don't you think? It basically says that you won't be paid if you miss one or two stops.

During my deliveries, the fuel pump went out on my vehicle. I called them, and notified them of my dilemma. I was told to do the best I could. That meant having a friend help, and then even a family member. I couldn't finish my route under those conditions. I really appreciated the help, but it was something I could only do on my own. Out of 558 stops, I only got 378 finished, and thought I made it easy for anyone having to finish behind me.

On November 4th, I returned the paperwork and the remaining phone books. 'Trinia' took the paperwork, and said the it would take a while to process. Both she and 'Amy' stated that I would still be compensated for the deliveries I did. After a couple of weeks, I called them on November 25th, and spoke to one of the leads, 'Patty'. She also said that I would be paid, and thought it was odd that I was still waiting for payment because "they generally only take 48 to 72 hours to arrive." She got my name, and then told me that my check was "part of a bundle that was late going out, and were going in the mail on Nove. 24..."

And now it's a month later...No money, no fuel pump, no groceries, and no hope in seeing the paycheck. I can understand why they may have withheld payment, but I don't understand why three different people led me to think that I was going to be paid...

I guess I got screwed, didn't I?

Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2008 04:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DDA-Directory-Distribution-Associates-ATT-Yellow-Pages/nationwide/DDA-Directory-Distribution-Associates-ATT-Yellow-Pages-Still-waiting-on-payment-Hazelwo-398483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DDA Directory Distribution Associates - AT&T Yellow Pages