Complaint Review: DELL ALIENWARE

• Submitted: Thu, May 05, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, May 05, 2011

• Reported By: DANIEL — VICTORVILLE California United States of America
DELL ALIENWARE

DELL ALIENWARE BOUGHT A CERTIFIED REFURBISHED LAPTOP THAT WAS DRAGGED THROUGH THE MUD, Internet

I bought a certified refurbished alienware laptop from dell, keyword certified refurbished. when I recieved it the computer had severe scratches everywhere, paint chipping off and some kind of glue all over it. They also did not include any cds. I called them and they said they would exchange it and they did, for a laptop that had a worse video card and lower resolution screen then the one I ordered.

They then offered to send out a senior tech to replace the parts, I agreed and at my door stop was a senior citizen with my parts, notice I didnt say senior tech, so he came in to put the parts in and didnt know what he was doing, along the way he was asking me for guidence. finally with his help and mine the video card was replaced without the use of thermal paste and the screen was swapped out.

So great thanks Alienware and Dell for taking care of the problem. Oh wait no they didnt fix the problem, the next day the screen started flickering and went black and the alienhead on the lid doesnt light up and the rubber feet to hold the screen off the keyboard were gone. So I call Dell and the guy tells me ok we will build you a brand new one but it will take 2-3 weeks I said ok, then the call got disconected called back got transfered 15 times to the wrong dept talked back to tech support they said talk to customer resolution team, then the resolution team said only tech support can send out a new laptop.

Ok great back to tech support I told them what was going on, I hear 2 button presses on the phone and alas customer resolution team answers to explain to me to go to tech support, so back to tech support, I told them that resolution team does not want me transfered to them so I told the tech guy what was going on, he said to me no new system and then I heard 2 beeps and back to resolution team.

I know am very angry I explain whats going on and they tell me I just emailed you a return lable and you send the computer back there is nothing we can do for you.

So I spend all this time waiting for the first system then the second one then the tech then waiting on the phone for 5 hours. what a nightmare, I need a computer for school and now they tell me return it and it will be 30 days till I can get money money after they recieve it. Wow Dont buy alienware.

I even bought the extended warranty SHAME ON ME.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2011 10:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DELL-ALIENWARE/internet/DELL-ALIENWARE-BOUGHT-A-CERTIFIED-REFURBISHED-LAPTOP-THAT-WAS-DRAGGED-THROUGH-THE-MUD-In-726292. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DELL ALIENWARE