• Report: #971912

Complaint Review: DELL COMPUTERS

• Submitted: Tue, November 20, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, November 20, 2012

• Reported By: Salli — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America

We puchased a Dell Inspirion 620 a year ago. Two months later the hard drive failed. A tech was sent out and replaced the drive and it was fine until two weeks ago. My husband went to get online and was denied access with error message 651. I have another desktop hardwired to the same router that works fine, so I changed the cables and still nothing. I called my ISP and everything checked out with them. I thought my warranty was expired but when I checked the receipt I found I had two weeks left, so I called Dell. Which lead to countless phone calls 15+ and numerous troubleshooting steps, including resinstalling my OS. I have had the motherboard replaced 2x now, two techs have come out and the last one suggested the computer  be replaced. There is no way to isolate the cause of the issue.

Centainly, the Dell experts can't.

They offer me yet another motherboard and then on to replacing the hard drive again. This is unreal. And throughout this entire process I am constantly reminded to extend my warranty for $148 for they can continue to assist me. I escalated this call to corporate. They were completely of no use whatsoever. Constantly assuring me of resolution but really just bluffing until the warranty expires.

Finally, they offered a replacement with a refurb, unwarrantied. After buying 8 or 9 computers from Dell over the years I will never buy another thing from them. I highly recommend NOT buying from Dell at this point. Their products are not up to their previous standards and the customer service is nonexistant.

I have health issues and this has caused more distress than I can even say.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2012 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DELL-COMPUTERS/internet/DELL-COMPUTERS-DELL-HELL-Anywhere-Internet-971912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DELL COMPUTERS