Complaint Review: DELL FINANCIAL SERVICES - DELL COMPUTERS

• Submitted: Thu, April 29, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, April 29, 2004

• Reported By:South Lake Tahoe California
DELL FINANCIAL SERVICES - DELL COMPUTERS
3500 A Wadley Place Austin, Texas U.S.A.

DELL FINANCIAL SERVICES, DELL COMPUTERS! RIP-OFF! Austin Texas

I can't agree more with all the other complaints. I paid my supposed "6 months same as cash" account off in June 2002. I was informed AFTER I received my computer (and too late to return it) that I hadn't qualified for that plan, but they had extended me credit. Up until December I received monthly bills showing my balance at $320.00 (it started at $47 in July 2002 even though I had paid the account in full).

Dell Computer could not repair the problems I had with the computer and as it was too late to return, I asked for service under the "at-home service agreement" that I had purchased. They told me I was not in an area that they could send a tech to, and that they would credit my account for the value of the "at-home service agreement". They did credit me approx. $114.00, but Dell Financial can't find it, and now they have reported me under TWO accounts - one as 120+ days delinquent, and 1 as a chargeoff! It has been TWO YEARS.

I recently got denied credit to refinance my home. This is the ONLY derogatory showing on my credit. I have fought it through the credit reporting agencies, but Dell Financial continues to report back that it is NOT an error (even though I have WRITTEN proof from Dell!)
I do believe it's time to stop Dell. Can't we do a class-action?

Diane
South Lake Tahoe, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2004 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DELL-FINANCIAL-SERVICES-DELL-COMPUTERS/Austin-Texas-78728/DELL-FINANCIAL-SERVICES-DELL-COMPUTERS-RIP-OFF-Austin-Texas-89519. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DELL FINANCIAL SERVICES - DELL COMPUTERS