Complaint Review: DELL FINANCIAL SERVICES - DELL COMPUTERS

• Submitted: Mon, May 17, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, May 17, 2004

• Reported By:OrangePark Florida
DELL FINANCIAL SERVICES - DELL COMPUTERS
P.O.BOX 6403, Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

DELL FINANCIAL SERVICES - DELL COMPUTERS RIPOFF DISHONEST SELLING PRACTICES AND ADVERTSING SCHEME INCOMPETENT SALES AND TECH STAFF CRAPPY COMPUTERS Carol Stream Illinois

In December 2003, I purchased a Dell Laptop Computer over the phone because I thought they were running a promotional price of a $1,000.00 dollars. The advertisement said it was a laptop for a thousand dollars only, there was no mention of any interest charges or financial charges and whatsoever. The Dell salesperson even gave me a DELL preferred account and a list of numbers to call, which were all on a small card, this card also has the address to where I should mail my payments to. She assured me that as long as I made a minimum monthly payments of $40 and mailed it to the address on the card, I could easily pay it off in 2 years. There was never information from them about interest charges.

After getting that laptop, my problems began. First, whenever I ask for technical assistance, they would put me on hold for hours. When the puter was attacked by viruses and crashed, I struggled to fix and find the answers for myself because I was annoyed by these so called computer Techs who do not know what they are doing, not to mention, their accents made it all hard for them to communicate.

Finally, after several months of sending them checks and because I never received any account or payment history from them that showed that they have posted all of my payments and have written them off. I was so anxious to call their account department and ask for the balance on my account (since I never really knew about it and thinking the computer was only a thousand dollars)....thinking to myself that I must have paid off at least half of the price of the laptop because it has been a year already that I had been making payments, I was STUNNED and HORRIFIED when the arab lady said it was so far....a whopping $1,500. and with the minimum monthly payments I made, it only paid INTEREST CHARGES and finance charges.

Now, as I try to analyze, Dell has really deceived me about the promo gimmick they had from the start..." a thousand for a laptop"...they never revealed interest charges in the beginning, just because they wanted to sell me a laptop...

I hope whoever reads this and has the same experience I had will come out in the open....together let us bring DELL COMPUTERS down as their computers have been downed....Dell should go to h*ll....

Brenda
OrangePark, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2004 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DELL-FINANCIAL-SERVICES-DELL-COMPUTERS/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197/DELL-FINANCIAL-SERVICES-DELL-COMPUTERS-RIPOFF-DISHONEST-SELLING-PRACTICES-AND-ADVERTSING-91850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DELL FINANCIAL SERVICES - DELL COMPUTERS