Complaint Review: DELL INC

• Reported By: Gail Jones — greenville Ohio United States of America
DELL INC
One Dell Way Round Rock, Ohio United States of America

DELL INC DELL INC SOLD ME JUNK Now unit is less than perfect Round Rock, Ohio

I bought a DEll laptop from Best Buy  in December . My Mother bought it for me for Christmas. Well it froze up and crashed in February. Best buy saids they would fix it at a price and would not supply any customer service at all. So Done with Best Buy Forever!!!!   Now Dell  sent a technician that installed a harddrive and talked on the phone with a friend the whole time he was repairing the unit.   Dell techs do not install software BTW!!!!   left me the disk to install myself. (something I am not familiar with)  Hey wait a minute... didnt the OS and software come with and installed on the laptop when i bought it????  Just a note)   Anyway the laptop did not work properly for a short time afterI wad fed up . So i called DEll In India again and they said the drivers were not installed ( well Who was supposed to do that!!! I ask. They said me!!! REally I asked asked " wasnt that also in the laptop whan i bought it???? Hmmmmm. [continued below]....
..... anyway that repair was  useless as the pc broke down again in May . SOOO I call them and they (DEll) send another tech whom installed a motherboard and problem was worse. The tech send it to The DEpot??? for repair. Well it came back with more problems than it had.  I have been talking with Dell for 5 months and get no where. They treat us like idiots. They wont replace anything and to top things off. They Dell want to Charge me 299.00 for a software warranty that if you dont get they wont fix anything on your computer . BTW all Dells problems according to them is US and Our treatment of the laptops. Not to mention the outsourcing to India EVERYTIME I CALL DELL////// DAM SICK OF THAT> Needless to say i still have a piece of crap for 5 months with more repairs than the shuttle!!!!  Best buy Sells DEll Junk!!! My emachine from walmart works great!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2011 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DELL-INC/Round-Rock-Ohio-78682/DELL-INC-DELL-INC-SOLD-ME-JUNK-Now-unit-is-less-than-perfect-Round-Rock-Ohio-722655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DELL INC