Complaint Review: DELL Laptops

• Updated: Sat, March 28, 2009

• Reported By:ahmedabad Other
DELL Laptops
Ahmedabad Ahmedabad, India

DELL Laptops I am one of your valuable customers. I have purchased a laptop from you company Model inspirion 1525 on Date: 28th march 2008. The same is in the warranty period which gets expired at the end of this month. I am facing a problem with my Battery of the Laptop. Ahmedabad India

*Consumer Comment: PEOPLE FROM INDIA BEING SCAMMED BY AN AMERICAN COMPUTER COMPANY, IMAGINE THAT!

*UPDATE Employee: 1 Year Limited Warranty

*Consumer Comment: How Many Times Did you Take your Battery Below Critical

I am one of your valuable customers. I have purchased a laptop from you company Model inspirion 1525 on Date: 28th march 2008. The same is in the warranty period which gets expired at the end of this month. I am facing a problem with my Battery of the Laptop. My laptop is not working on the Battery Mode. For the same I tried to call the Toll Free number provided for N number of times. They told me to take a screen shot of the BIOS setup. First of all I don't understand how we can take a screen shot from BIOS. Now after a long argument for more then 10 days I got the news that Battery has ended on usability life' and the same is not covered under warranty period. I don't understand how the battery can end usability life even though it is in warranty. What I understand is the quality of the battery used is not up to the mark, and if this is not the case I should have been informed well in advance about the same which I was not. I am not able to use my laptop without Battery .

So, please take some action on the same and suggest me a solution for the same. Hope that I would get a response for this.

I got a call from dell +60 463 36 451 at 4.15 on 19th March 2009 from one of your senior managers and he told me that it is mentioned on the dell site that we do not provide any warranty for battery near to one year. Now I don't get what is your definition for the word Near. I did not expect such open ended and most irresponsible answer from a person who is holding a post of Sr. Manager in your company. I had very high expectations from DELL and I hope I can maintain the same in future.

I am still in the same Stage and my Issue is not solved.

Your valued customer

Jack
ahmedabad
India

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on DELL

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2009 10:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DELL-Laptops/Ahmedabad-380006/DELL-Laptops-I-am-one-of-your-valuable-customers-I-have-purchased-a-laptop-from-you-compa-437751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DELL Laptops

PEOPLE FROM INDIA BEING SCAMMED BY AN AMERICAN COMPUTER COMPANY, IMAGINE THAT!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

SO BUY FROM YOUR LOCAL COMPUTER COMPANY AND GIVE US BACK OUR TECH JOBS THAT MOVED TO INDIA.

INCLUDING MINE.

1 Year Limited Warranty

AUTHOR: Tellahliah - (U.S.A.)

You need to do the diagnostics on the battery which there should be a small battery icon which you would press in and hold see what that says, and is the battery being detected in the bios ? you would need to know these things as it could be the motherboard not charging the battery but batteries do have a 1 year limited warranty from the invoice as provided below with the url

How long does this limited hardware warranty last?

This limited hardware warranty lasts for the time period indicated on your packing slip, invoice, or receipt except for the following Dell-branded hardware:

* Portable computer batteries carry the lesser of either a 1-year limited hardware warranty or the length of the limited hardware warranty for the Dell computer with which the battery is shipped.
* The warranty for print head that is included as original equipment in the Dell mobile printer is for parts only and is effective for a period of 1 year after the date of purchase of the printer or 1000 prints of printer usage, whichever occurs first.
* Your PERC5 or PERC 6 battery may provide up to 72 hours of controller cache memory backup power when new. Under the 1-year limited hardware warranty, we warrant that the battery will provide at least 24 hours of backup coverage during the 1-year limited hardware warranty period.

How Many Times Did you Take your Battery Below Critical

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

It only takes once to have that happen. Once you do that, the computer starts to not recognize the battery and the second time you do it will illicit the message that the battery comes to the end of its useful life. I understand you want Dell to come and help, but I would hope you take some responsibility for it as well.

BTW, I have an Inspiron 1501. Just replace the battery and get on with it.