Complaint Review: DELL financial servcies

• Updated: Tue, September 13, 2011

• Reported By: anonymouse — Sekiu Washington United States of America
DELL financial servcies
Austin, Texas United States of America

DELL financial servcies refuse to correct obvious errors in invoicing and billing. overcharging finance charges & fees. Telephone harrassment despite unresolved dispute. Austin, Texas

*Author of original report: fail to honor warranty

*Author of original report: some relief

*Consumer Comment: Perhaps

In September and October of 2010, DELL billed for services and products they never provided. It took until July 2011 to even obtain the invoices they claim I owe for. These invoices include products I never ordered or received, an in-home service call that never occurred, and a  duplicate billing for a service plan. I have been asking for either the products or a correction of my account since late Nov 2010, when two programs I thought I'd ordered were deleted from my system. The 30 day trials had expired. DELL service techs just hung up when I reported this. At least two told me call back when I received the software and product keys. Just this June of 2011, I got one program that DELL has been billing me for, from Microsoft.

I have written several times to DELL DFS reporting the dispute. Each time I recieved return mail promising an investigation. There have been phone calls when the caller would not speak or hung up. I have returned voice mails to DFS. As soon as I stated the case or file # I was calling about, they hung up. Since I stopped paying on the incorrect balance, DFS calls me 2-3 times every day, seeking payment. However they NEVER call at the 7:00 A.M. to 8:00 A.M. time I request.

Just today I saw headlines about DFS being fined millions for fraudulent invoicing and balance reporting during 2010. I wonder if the order imposing the fine also directed refunds for incorrect invoices and balances, and finance/late fees erroneously applied to the balance?

Throughout this entire dispute history, I have not experienced any attitude from DFS personnel that reflected honesty or fairness.

I cannot prove that the invoicing and balance errors, or failure to provide products resulted from anything beyond pure incompetence. But I suggest that any honest business would have apologized and corrected these errors as soon as they learned of them. I further suggest that to continue seven months or longer without correcting billing errors, is not a trait of a company concerned with it's public image.  Until I recently learned of the fine and of many other DELL customers with similar complaints, i had thought I could resolve this alone. I now think I must join with other unsatified customers to seek justice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2011 08:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DELL-financial-servcies/Austin-Texas-78708/DELL-financial-servcies-refuse-to-correct-obvious-errors-in-invoicing-and-billing-overch-751672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DELL financial servcies

fail to honor warranty

AUTHOR: anoymouse - (United States of America)

I am uncertain whether DFS or another segment of DELL is responsible for honoring warranties. As I reported earlier, DFS called me several times per day for months, to collect on a warranty plan they'd invoiced me for in Oct 2010, and other invoices I had never seen. In July 2011, I settled with DFS by paying a portion of the disputed balance, including $385 of extended warranty. Since then, my hard drive crashed and was replaced by a local technician. I have several times by phone and by e-mail to various DELL customer service people requested the promised warranty "Repair, replacement, credit or refund," for my unusable drive. I gues I should not be surprised that I have had no response. If a credit or refund is how they prefer to service this warranty issue, then I believe DFS would be the entity charged with taking the action.  At this point, I understandably do not expect fair or reasonable treatment from DELL, DFS or anyone associated with DELL. If reasonable warranty service is ever provided to me, I will report it.

some relief

AUTHOR: anoymouse - (United States of America)

Since my initial report, a DFS agent contacted me, and corrected the billing errors, and reduced my account balance. I paid off the remaining balance, and the harassing phone calls have stopped. My hard drive crashed. I bought a replacement locally, and will ask DELL to replace the damaged one under the extended warranty. I will report how that goes.

Perhaps

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I would think that a major company being fined millions of dollars would make at least a little news.  But perhaps I missed it in today's news.  So please provide a link to this "news" as it would be very interesting.