Complaint Review: DELTA Mechanical

DELTA Mechanical
Phoenix, Arizona USA

DELTA Mechanical Home Depot RIPOFF RIPOFF RIPOFF Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: thank you

I visited Home Depot and then got a phone call from Delta?....the two must be linked. They offered a AC tune up for 39.99 dollars...wow great I thought and agreed for them to come out and look at my AC. A technician came out and then proceeded to tell me that both capacitors were in need of replacement and if I didn't it would cost more to replace two motors due to over working. I asked the technician a simple question - " is your price reasonable as my husband knows about these things but he is in Afghanistan and will be angry if I get an inflated bill. He said it is a good price ,so he replaced the capacitors and then gave me the bill to pay - now $500. I contacted my husband later that night when he woke up and he was furious. It costs $20 or less for the capacitor so I was charged $145 each capacitor to replace it over the cost!

When I phoned Delta to complain they said that the cost included travel - but I pointed out that they were already coming out to tune up and also why charged on each capacitor? They said it was at the discretion of the technician to award discount and in this case he hadn't. My husband wonders what he has fought for and is continuing to work for...a country of greedy selfish companies. I was told I would be contacted and a refund given...but to date that has not been done........do I feel like I was ripped off????????? I sure do!! firstly as a woman on her own secondly as a retiree in the Sun City West community do I feel Home Depot is partly responsible - YES I sure do!!!!

PLEASE AVOID DELTA as they rip off women on their own and people in retirement communities

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2013 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DELTA-Mechanical/Phoenix-Arizona-85375/DELTA-Mechanical-Home-Depot-RIPOFF-RIPOFF-RIPOFF-Phoenix-Arizona-1067687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DELTA Mechanical

AUTHOR: waterparkguy - ()

Thanks for your info. I have always wondered about those booths in Home Depot. It sounds like a scam to me. Note that you have at least saved one person the troubles of your problem. sorry that it happened to you.

shoes