Complaint Review: DENNIS HUNT

• Submitted: Sat, April 16, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, April 16, 2011

• Reported By: Debbie — mONTROSE California U.S.A.
DENNIS HUNT
2525 Murworth Drive #99 Houston, Texas United States of America

DENNIS HUNT KENNETH TRAVIS BOGUS WAL-MART/WESTERN UNION MYSTERY SHOPPING, /WIRE TRANSFER , PANORAMA CITY, CA Houston, Texas

On  March 30, 2011 I received a FedEx package from Dennis Hunt of Reel Biography in Houston, Texas.  Inside were 2 postal money orders both for $980 each.

My contact person was a Kennth Travis who I  believed was from Secret Shopper who I had just registered  with a few days before this.  He told me Dennis Hunt was the CEO.  I held on to thse money orders for 3 days before I did anything with them.

The instructions were to do a mystery shopping job at Wal Mart in Panorama City, CA.  I was to cash the money orders go to Wal Mart and observe the Western Union employees.  So as not to blow my cover I wired the money to a Marc Dewes in London.  After I completed this assignment I  went home but had a really bad feeling in my stomach.  The next morning I went online to research these guys and found their names on several mystery shopping forums as scam artists, part of the Nigerian scam going around where they send cashier checks or stolen postal money orders and duplicate them to appear real.  I was livid.  I got taken. Oh my God everything in  my checking account was going to bounce!  That's exactly what happened.  My social security check was gone.  That was money for my utilities and food.  All gone.

I contacted my bank and unfortunately they couldn't do anything at this point.  It was too late. That same morning I received 3 postal money orders from these guys.  I went to the post office where I was informed that they were fake.  I then contacted the FTC, filed a complaint with the post office and with my bank and Federal Express.      I am now unable to get in touch with either one of these guys.  Their names are probably not real either.

I have lost all my money.  I live on social security disability.  Thats gone.  My credibility with my bank is gone.  I had banked with them for 15 years.  I now have to pay the bank back money don't have.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2011 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DENNIS-HUNT/Houston-Texas-77054/DENNIS-HUNT-KENNETH-TRAVIS-BOGUS-WAL-MARTWESTERN-UNION-MYSTERY-SHOPPING-WIRE-TRANSFER--718503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DENNIS HUNT