Complaint Review: DENT-A-MED, Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, February 10, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 11, 2013

• Reported By: Angela — Pearland Texas U.S.A.
DENT-A-MED, Inc.
PO Box 829 Springdale, Arkansas United States of America

DENT-A-MED, Inc. Fraudulent 1099-C Form Springdale, Arkansas

*Author of original report: Re: Why am I posting here...

*Consumer Suggestion: Why are you posting here?

I just received a 1099-C form from Dent -A-Med, Inc., saying that they have discharged a debt in the amount of $1128.00. I live in south Texas and have never heard of this company nor have I ever done any business with them. The debt description says credit card expenditure, which makes no sense because I would have to have a credit card from this company in order to owe a credit card expenditure? I don't owe this company any money and have never done any business there. This is IRS tax fraud on their part.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2013 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DENT-A-MED-Inc/Springdale-Arkansas-72765-0829/DENT-A-MED-Inc-Fraudulent-1099-C-Form-Springdale-Arkansas-1011776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DENT-A-MED, Inc.

Re: Why am I posting here...

AUTHOR: Angela - (U.S.A.)

I am posting to this site because: 1)another person posted the same situation with the same company filing a fraudulent 1099-C form; and 2)this is a ripoff because if the IRS gets this information from Dent-A-Med and decides to audit my taxes for this year, the $1128 will be considered income and I will be taxed on it.  I do not owe any money to Dent-A-Med and it's a ripoff form them to claim that they have "forgiven" me a debt that I do not owe them.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Why are you posting here?

AUTHOR: Josh - (U.S.A.)

Either contact them and let them know (it may just be a clerical error) or contact the IRS and let them know.  What's the point of posting here?

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC