Complaint Review: DEX MEDIA Guide

• Updated: Sun, May 31, 2009

• Reported By:Vancouver Washington
DEX MEDIA Guide
www.dexmedia.com Nationwide U.S.A.

DEX MEDIA Guide Charging when not authorized; sales rep illegally signed my contract to renew Nationwide

Started business in 1995, used DEX MEDIA from 1995-2007. Wanted ad to stop May 2007 due to high prices. Gave written documentation to local sales rep. Ad never stopped, charges continued. Upon 35 documented phone calls to rep, was told contracts were archived, but would find them. After 6 mons, sales rep stopped returning calls...no longer works for company.

Calling DEX MEDIA in Englewood, CO, they "were continually looking for signed contracts, with no luck. This month, had a conversation with Cal, the manager of the claims department. He reviewed my company's notes, told me in 1999 and 2000, "Deb C" signed my contract...problem is I have NEVER employed a "Deb" (or anyone with a similar name).

He read me the notes the reps put into the computer. All refer to "cannot contact"...but yet my contract continues. Since "Greg", my rep quit in 2007, there has been two reps...have never seen nor been contacted by them. I stopped paying this charge in May 2007. Maybe all reps just keep getting commission on accounts that are "not paying"?

I have requested a copy of these contracts and received a cover fax, BUT NO CONTRACTS. When asked to have address of the DEX MEDIA Legal Dept, he said to send it to him...I said no. He said he would NEVER remove these charges as it was my responsibility to notify DEX MEDIA directly and not to use the reps...I asked what are the reps for? No answer but silence.

They have illegally singed me up by someone else signing my contract, have "conveniently" lost the cease and desist note (given by phone AND fax) to my sales rep. They are a ripoff company and I want justice! PLEASE someone else contact me regarding this issue.

C ****
Vancouver, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2009 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DEX-MEDIA-Guide/nationwide/DEX-MEDIA-Guide-Charging-when-not-authorized-sales-rep-illegally-signed-my-contract-to-re-457080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DEX MEDIA Guide