Complaint Review: DEX MEDIA INC Of Qwest

• Submitted: Sun, October 10, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, October 10, 2004

• Reported By:Florence Colorado
DEX MEDIA INC Of Qwest
PO Box 173799 Denver CO 80217 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

DEX MEDIA INC Of Qwest ripoff ad for a bail bond business. DEX media did not remove the old ad and say I must pay for 2 ads now Denver Colorado

Last year I was contacted by a Qwest Dex Media rep to renew our yellow p. ad for our small bail bonds business. I added a phone number as we had moved. I did not request (2) ads. The phone book came out with the old ad which they did not pull as well as a new ad. Last year the same error occurred; however they did not charge me for the ad they did not take out. This year for some reason they are charging me for their error. I have been paying for the one ad every mo. and all my phone bills with McCleod are paid. Dex media continued to bill for the second ad & sent a letter offering to discount one ad for 30% - I called and explained that since I didn't request a purchase of (2) ads I should not be billed for a second one. On Friday my mother's business line with AT&T, (also a bail bond business in a nearby town, different county in Colo.) has been disconnected. She is in her 70's, but still works and is currently paid up & always pays her bills but does not advertise much in yellow pages in her county. I called my business line with McCleod & they said they would not disconnect my line. Why has AT&T disconnected Mom's line? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Apart from very bad business as this will cost her business dollars isn't this illegal to do to the elderly?

Kay
Florence, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2004 12:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DEX-MEDIA-INC-Of-Qwest/Denver-Colorado-80217/DEX-MEDIA-INC-Of-Qwest-ripoff-ad-for-a-bail-bond-business-DEX-media-did-not-remove-the-o-112252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DEX MEDIA INC Of Qwest