Complaint Review: D.E.Z Associates Aka Desert Incorporated - Loyda DeBara

• Submitted: Sat, June 19, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, June 19, 2004

• Reported By:Pembroke PInes Florida
D.E.Z Associates Aka Desert Incorporated - Loyda DeBara
7178 Southwest 47th Street Suite A, Miami, Florida U.S.A.

D.E.Z Associates Aka Desert Incorporated - Loyda DeBara I was ripped off of $150 by DEZ Associates posing as a Human Resource Agency for Department of Children and Families in Miami Florida

I recently moved from New York to Florida to attend to school. In the meantime, I was searching for employment. I came across an add in the paper stating that DCF (Dept. Of Children and Families) were searching for case workers and the salary was $64,000 a year. It also stated that if interested, please email resume to dezinc@bellsouth.net. I did that, then a few days later, the agency contacted me and stated that I met the criteria for the position and that she(Loyda)would like to me meet her at the office so she can give me more information. Loyda also stated that I needed to bring in a copy of my diver's license, my transcript, and my degree. She also stated that I needed to bring in $150.00 to start the process. I asked her what the money was for and she stated that it was for me to become state license in order to serve as an independent contractor and to retrieve a medicaid provider number so I will be able to bill potential clients.

All this sounded and appeared legit. I also conducted my own research to see if this type of program existed. And yes it does exist. But, what I also learned was that I could have done this on my own and that there was no such thing as the $150.00 fee for state license. I brought this to the attention of Loyda and she stated that all this information was not relevant and that it was gaurenteed through her that there is $150 fee for the license and that she will also link me with trainers to provide me the training required in order to work as a case worker for DCF. She also showed me a copy of her state license from DCF which was displayed in her office wall.

I began getting all of my papers back and I was getting the run arounds and I noticed that something was still not clear. So I decided to contact the DCF office and spoke with a woman by the name of DEanne Chen and explained to her the process I went through and asked why it was taking so long. Her response was "I do not know what Loyda is telling you but the process that she set up in is not how it works."

I am embarasss by this horror and what is worse is that I have referred people to Loyda Debarra thinking that she was looking out for the people who are in dire need of employment. Loyda swindled me and several others out of $150.00 and what is even worse she swindled my friend Carlyn J. out of $1200.00.

Many contacts have been made to Shana Sakoff, the Inspector General for DCF and she confirmed that Loyda Debarra is a fraud.

Loyda Debarra swindled me and many others out of our money. Even if it was an employment agency, the agency is obligated to find its customers employment once a fee is paid. Loyda did not pose as an employment agency. She posed as State Certified Provider for DCF Human Resources person to asist in recruiting and securing positions as a caseworker. In which she failed because she was a fraud.

Where do I go from here? Ms. Debara claims that she has moved out the state. She also sent Ms. Sakoff three separate e-mails stating that she will give us our money but has never done so.

I am confident that you can help me resolve this problem. I anticipate your response and will provide you with any information that will help resolve this matter.

Pembroke PInes, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2004 07:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DEZ-Associates-Aka-Desert-Incorporated-Loyda-DeBara/Miami-Florida-33309/DEZ-Associates-Aka-Desert-Incorporated-Loyda-DeBara-I-was-ripped-off-of-150-by-DEZ-As-95534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on D.E.Z Associates Aka Desert Incorporated - Loyda DeBara