Complaint Review: DF Wireless

• Submitted: Mon, October 10, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, October 11, 2011

• Reported By: Kenedee — Las Vegas Nevada U.S.A.
DF Wireless
4410 N. Rancho Drive Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

DF Wireless Metro PCS Told me that I can return phone in 7 days. When returning phone they would NOT return since it was over 60 minutes of usage that was never told at time of purchase. Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Fine print is still print...

df wireless / metro pcs informed me that I could return my phone in 7 days or less. I walked into the the store and they informed me that I was over the limit in minutes that was wriiten in fine type in their contract. I was never informed of this.

I contacted my lawyer and we forwarded them a letter that they ignored. I almost lost my phone number since they also told me that I no longer have my munber that I had for fourteen years. I was lucky enough to get it to another provider prior to walking into their door for the return.

I purchased the phone on 9/4/2011 and went to return it on 9 /7/2011. They took $128.00 in cash and told me they were calling the police, needless to say this is the biggest scam I ever saw in las vegas. I plan on bringing them to justice as soon as possible. What a racket

Kenneth Douglas
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2011 09:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DF-Wireless/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89136/DF-Wireless-Metro-PCS-Told-me-that-I-can-return-phone-in-7-days-When-returning-phone-they-787277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DF Wireless

Fine print is still print...

AUTHOR: Vimot - (U.S.A.)

so the statement " I was never informed of this." with regards to being over the limit in minutes means very little. As a consumer (I hate that word - it reminds me of a swarm of locusts) it is your responsibility to read the contract, fine print and all. Once you've signed the contract you have agreed to all terms in the contract. It's a wonder your lawyer did not inform you of this. I worked for a wireless company 10 years ago and we allowed customers to take a copy of the contract with them before signing; some wanted to have a lawyer read it over because of all the fine print. We also had a return policy similar to this one as to how many minutes you could use before returning a phone. As for "They took $128.00 in cash and told me they were calling the police,", it's understandable that not reading the fine print and finding out they got you is frustrating, but when the situation degrades into a business calling the police on a customer it's not the business that ends up looking bad. I'm curious, why did you want to return the phone?