Complaint Review: DFAS

• Submitted: Thu, December 06, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 06, 2012

• Reported By: Chrisj — New Carrollton Maryland U.S.A.

DFAS Defense Finance and accounting service Deception, financial misconduct, travel pay issues for over 10 years, Internet

My story starts many years ago back in 2003. I was working in Germany for the US govt as a food service worker at the bottom.Managers overseas figured out a way to stay in Germany and send us bottom feeders so to speak back to the US. the managers were part of a 5 year plan but managers got to stay overseas living large by sending X percent of the labor force overseas that, the govt decided they would allow the managers to live high on the hog since their housing was paid for by the taxpayer.

This means their take home pay was theirs to buy fat rides and clothes living lavish at the expense of us underlings. So my turn to be put through the grind came in 2003 and I was put on priority placement which, guaranteed me a job in the US when it opened no matter what. However, being an hourly wage employee making roughly $15/hr, the government offers 120 days of moving expense days on the government. When I got to Walter Reed Army Medical Center, my new command, was horrible because they had NO idea how to handle or deal with priority placement people (PP) here on out.

But when it got down to submit the paperwork is where this farce of a system really got ugly.I submitted a total of 4 or 5 travel vouchers to DFAS to deal with the financials of the govt move. What transpired after this was nothing short of hell. I would submit the documents and they'd give the all clear that everything was in order then several months later, roughly 6 or more, I'd get a letter from them threatening me with garnishing my wages because they hadn't received the form. this is the government and they screw up right?

So the first time, ok, I can understand that sometimes papers can get lost in the shuffle but this went on for 10 years. Each time, I'd be forced to talk to someone new and they'd tell me they never received the document. I was smart however to get a name of the prior person but govt employees move around to new jobs so much that, it is impossible to speak with the same person during the breaks between these contacts. fast forward to  DEC 2012 and the DEPt of the treasury sends me a letter of debt representing the Dept of defense on this travel voucher debt... 10 years later!!!!

So I'm making payment arrangements to get these jackasses out of my life, once and for all. Good riddance to DFAS!

one word to the wise, however difficult, get names, times and dates and documents. after 10 years, a common sense person would have made the judgement that all was done and I don't have the documents anymore. if you're in the military, go to your congressional rep/senator and have them set the record straight with DFAS unless of course, your rep flat out sucks. as a civilian you too, can contact your senator for resolution. One way or the other, they will screw you if their crap isn't together and the burden of proof is always on the victim

But the further I can keep the govt OUT and away from me and my family.. the better! I'll be glad when this is done and I won't have ANYTHING more to do with the DEPT of DEFENSE

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2012 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DFAS/internet/DFAS-Defense-Finance-and-accounting-service-Deception-financial-misconduct-travel-pay-is-978580. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DFAS