- Report: #169363
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: DFW Scooters - Spark Speed - OnlineScooters - Ike Corbin - Jennifer Rasiah
DFW Scooters - Spark Speed - OnlineScooters - Ike Corbin - Jennifer Rasiah11445 Emerald St Dallas, Texas U.S.A.
DFW Scooters - Spark Speed - OnlineScooters - Ike Corbin - Owner Jennifer Rasiah ripoff Deceptive business practices, charged for 70cc atv, received damaged 50cc, bogus help efforts Dallas Texas
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Incorrect Information Addressed
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
This was around 2:00 pm CST. The sales rep is one Ike Corbin. I was charged 644.00 dollars for a 70cc youth ATV. At around 9:00 am CST on Friday, 12/2/05, I contacted "SparkSpeed.com" via the 1-800 #.
After getting constant busy signals, then ringing with no answer, sales rep Ike Corbin again answers the phone. I told him I needed to cancel the order because I simply decided against it.
Ike states that he has not even pulled the orders from the previous day, double checks with his boss Jennifer about the refund back to my card.
I was told no problem, the ATV has not shipped, and he was "refunding my card right now, should see the POS credit within 48 hours."
On 12/5/05, no credit yet. Again call 1-800 #, eventually get answer after busy, then no answer, then after 30 rings, an answer.
Sales rep Ike says " I think you should be getting your ATV today." I could not even beleive what I was hearing. After "double checking" his boss Jennifer had gone ahead and shipped the ATV.
Ike "did not know why" this had been done. When asked about the refund he was doing last week, he now stated " I don't know how to process a refund back to a credit card."
Sales rep Ike is very smooth and "concerned" because he is " a man of his word." Ike tells me "just refuse delivery, and the product will be returned free of charge."
After looking at the websites' stated return procedures, they did not match what Ike said do. In short, I'm in the middle of a "stall ball" basketball game complete with ring around the rosy, and misinformation.
In the mean time, we are holding off on delivery from Old Dominion freight. I continue to press for answers from these scam artists, when I finally get the owner, who pawns me off to his wife Jennifer, who happens to be Ike's boss.
After I tell her the story I get "Ike told you all this?" Then I hear I will get refund of 441.00 upon receipt of the ATV at their warehouse.
I will have to pay 124.00 dollars shipping, and a 15% restocking fee, which is usually 30%. This because I changed my mind after the ATV shipped out via Old Dominion freight on "12/1/05." (NOT)
Of course, I did not buy for a second that a freight company had picked my order up for shipping the same day, late afternoon.
Old Dominion shows up in our neighborhood with an 18 wheeler for a drop shipment at our house. The crate was absolutley trashed, with the ATV hanging out of the bottom and bent!
We take pictures and refuse the shipment due to damage. I contact SparkSpeed.com via email now, as the 1-800 # has been disconnected for the moment.
I email both Ike and his boss Jennifer that Old Dominion is shipping back for free due to damaged product. No answer for a couple of days, and a few emails.
Then I get an answer from Jennifer Rasiah via email stating that I still had to pay the 124.00 shipping, even though SparkSpeed was not being charged.
1 week goes by, and nothing heard from anybody, and no POS credit of 441.00 bucks. I contact the freight company, who turns me over to the head guy at the terminal.
Old Dominion freight tells me they have tried for a solid week to get in touch with this company to set up return, with no luck. Again, SparkSpeed is stalling even the carrier now.
Old Dominion freight states that if the company refuses to make contact with them, and we refuse shipment of the goods, then they will sell the product themselves.
Old Dominion is interested in why SparkSpeed is charging me shipping back, and why is the ATV insured for 750.00 when I paid 499.00
They suspect that this outfit is attempting to stick Old Dominion with an insurance claim, as well as shaft the customer as much as possible.
Old Dominion decides to contact it's Dallas TX terminal to investigate. I give them Ike Corbin's email. We also decide that these folks cannot be trusted and that it is best to take delivery and sell the thing for what I can get.
Lo and behold, Ike Corbin calls me at home that night! Old Dominion had sent him an email that got his attention enough to call me and talk smooth again to find out what's the deal.
After informing Mr. Corbin that all conversations and emails were on hand, I again received assurance that something would be worked out.
Old Dominion again delivers crate. Upon my arrival to inspect the damaged product, much to my surprise, I had been given a damaged 50cc atv when I had paid for a 70cc!
I email sales rep Ike Corbin to thank him for being a "man of his word." I also email Jennifer Rasiah, with no return response.
The last email I get from Mr. Ike Corbin is "he is trying to turn this company around" and that they "will pick up and refund my money." For sure, this was print text email to make a show only.
This company, or Mr. Corbin, never had any intention of doing such an honest thing. I emailed back since nobody would answer the phones and numbers had been disconnected, at least for the moment.
I was tired of the "stall ball" game and asked them to simply refund my card 150.00 bucks, and I would sell the junk 50cc atv myself, chalk it up for experience. That would end it clean enuff.
I was not into waiting until next Xmas for some kind of closure on the matter. I have NEVER gotten another response from this company, or Mr. Ike Corbin.
The following information is needed by anyone about to order from this poor excuse of the China import youth ATV business. For sure, the FEDS and State and local authorities need to clamp down on this shady online world. While there are legit folks out there making a living at this, it's folks like Mr. Corbin and Jennifer Rasiah that make it bad for all.
1. I was not told the truth when Mr. Ike Corbin stated he was processing my refund. However, Mr. Corbin did tell the truth when he stated that he had not processed the previous days orders and my order had not even shipped yet.
2. Jennifer Rasiah and company did not tell the truth when they told me my order had already shipped on the afternoon of 12/1/05. The paperwork from Old Dominion freight showed clearly that the order was picked up at the end of the day on 12/2/05!
3. After getting my money on 12/1/05, and getting the cancellation on 12/2/05, they intentionally shipped the atv.
4. This was done to get some kind of money, or at least perhaps make the customer take the sale against their wishes.
5.Everything that happened in between was simply to tire the customer out and make them give up. I'm sure it works 99% of the time. However, if I have to spend 3 times what I paid to see that they don't keep getting away with this kind of thing, I will.
6. www.sparkspeed.com has a physical address listed in Cango, CA. When I asked Mr Corbin about this, he stated he thought that the Rasiah's "had a house out there." Even though everybody is in Dallas TX.
7. www.dfwscooters.com and www.sparkspeed.com are one and the same. The phone numbers given on either website tie you into the Dallas outfit. The numbers either don't work, or are not answered.
8. My credit card was billed by a name of onlinescooters.com, that also listed a 1-800 number. Can't find this business name, and the phone number did not work. That's par.
9. DFW Scooters lists a physical address of Dallas TX. Both dfwscooters.com and sparkspeed.com show "Live Help" currently unavailable. The reality is it's ALWAYS unavailable.
10. Both DFW Scooters and SparkSpeed show a UPS truck or a DHL truck to suggest that this is the way they do the majority of the shipping. The reality is they drop ship with an 18 wheeler any chance they can because it's the cheapest.
11. With the way they intentionally try to stick either the freight company, the customer, or both, it makes great business sense.
12. The 1-800 #s are either disconnected, or connected and busy, or connected and not answering.
13. DFW Scooters intentionally refused to make contact with the freight carrier despite the carriers' repeated efforts to contact them to arrange a return shipment.
14. DFWScooters.com and SparkSpeed.com intentionally sent a 50cc unit, but charged me for a 70cc, which I ordered. Mr Corbin stated they still "had a few 70cc's left" when I gave him my phone order on 12/1/05.
15. The truth is, they were already out of 70cc's but let me pay for one. They sent a 50cc, with the refund scam already in place.
16. All the efforts at a satisfactory resolution were stall tactics. They never had any intentions of doing anything but keeping most if not all of my 644.00 dollars.
This is the short version of the story. It's now 12/26 and I've been wasting time since 12/01/05. Perhaps after this report shows up, the BBB in Dallas is notified along with local authorities, and the Attorney General here is notified of the growing online China youth atv scams, Mr. Corbin and Mr. & Mrs Rasiah won't be sleeping quite as well. I honestly don't know how they can.
I'm against BIG GOV in most cases with business, but, this stuff needs to be regulated. The legit folks don't have anything to worry about.
It's the DFW Scooters with multiple websites under different company names, contact info and aliases that go around in circles and the EBAY selling that comes with it that needs to be checked out, and dried out.....REGULATE THIS MESS, NOW.....
Lexington, North Carolina
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2005 11:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DFW-Scooters-Spark-Speed-OnlineScooters-Ike-Corbin-Jennifer-Rasiah/Dallas-Texas/DFW-Scooters-Spark-Speed-OnlineScooters-Ike-Corbin-Owner-Jennifer-Rasiah-ripoff-De-169363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)