Complaint Review: DGT, Discount Global Travel

• Submitted: Fri, March 30, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, August 04, 2008

• Reported By:Center Line Michigan
DGT, Discount Global Travel
Royal Oak, Michigan U.S.A.

DGT, Discount Global Travel Ripped me off I want to sue them and put them in jail Ripoff Royal Oak Michigan

*Consumer Comment: I wrote the letter that put them out of Business and Proud of it - I love RipOff Report- I got my $6000 back

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: DGT was a reputable company

*Author of original report: DGT/ Castaway Bay What a Joke

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Transfer of Services

A year ago my husband and I received a phone call stating to come into DGT and they had a gift for us. We went in and the person selling the Pitch to us was working hard. I was so scared and did not want to give up my money. He sat there and worked for a couple of hours, he put prices on a piece of paper and told me how my family could benefit as well. If I paid anyone that went with me would get the same price and he GUARANTEED I would not find a better price anywhere and if I EVER had any questions/problems to make sure I contacted him. He was so attentive, willing to help so happy to be there for us, well all that changed once we walked out the door and gave up our money. I still have the contract and I am intending to sue them but not just for money I want to make them pay for taking advantage of so many people. they need to go to jail for Fraud!!!! he needs to spend some time behind bars and feel bad for what he did. How dare he take advantage of so many innocent people. I tried weeks after to get some kind of deal on a trip but nothing, so rude and unattentive, then I tried to get a hold of the person whom sold us this worthless package and nope could not do it. They would not give me him on the phone, how does he sleep at night how does he face his mother!!!! Does she know what she raised a thief and a liar!!!!

I want my money back, I asked for it months later (2) and nothing they gave me the run around, I never used them I tried but no results. their prices were no better then searching myself on the web. I felt so robbed and violated.

I want to know if anyone is going to start a class action lawsuit or if there is a lawyer who is willing to help, please. We are a middle class family and money is really tight and we could use it back so please contact me and I will call you. I am going to contact my locat TV stations and see if anyone is interested in this story and willing to help please everyone involved contact your Government, BBB and complain about them. GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!! Seize their homes,cars and boats all the things they bought with our money.....

Center Line, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2007 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DGT-Discount-Global-Travel/Royal-Oak-Michigan/DGT-Discount-Global-Travel-Ripped-me-off-I-want-to-sue-them-and-put-them-in-jail-Ripoff-R-241609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DGT, Discount Global Travel

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

SCAM artists- that is what they were.

Here is a link to my original posting:

Here is the original SCAM artists MySpace Page

Add him as a friend... make some comments

I love RipOff Report- I got my $6000 back when I showed up at the office in Michigan (I am from California)

What a worthless service- I called daily for weeks. I contacted every BBB in the areas that they did business (Irvine, Royal Oak, and Cleveland).

I did the world a favor. One person responded to my report telling me he saw a video of Peder with his MAN BOOBS flappin' around. Anyhow, if you GOOGLE Peder Seglund (the founder) you will find "Man Boob" comments. I love that...

Anyhow, I wish you all could get your money back...I just did it first...and well it took resolve and perseverance and a surprise visit to Royal Oak, MI.

Ding Dong the witch is dead!

AUTHOR: Piera - (U.S.A.)

I tried simple things like Florida and Vegas and they never returned my phone calls with any quotes, they should have been more respectful to their clients and sent out some kind of communication letter to let everyone know they were leaving. They did not go out of business they disappeared, if they went out of business then we could all go to court and get our money back but they did not because they know we will all want our money back. I will try to get my charge back but only half was on my charge and the other half was cash,how do I get that back.

Oh and by the way I tried castaway bay just to see what they could come up with for a simple trip to Florida to Universal Studio and that was a joke I could have come up with the same why pay them for what I can do. I want all my money back and I will do what it takes to let everyone know how lousy of a company they were and how Castaway Bay is no better.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

DGT was a reputable company

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

DGT had many satisfied clients for years. The product was stellar and the agents did everything they could to satisfy all clients. However, travel is a tough industry and DGT went out of business.

Just look at how many airlines are in bankruptcy. If clients want they can try a free trial of other travel services DGT has enlisted and use them if they wish. The company saved clients money by giving the clients commission free travel, no service fees, and booked resort properties at a small fraction of the retail cost.

Compared to a time share property the product gave a lot more for a lot less. It is impossible to satisfy all clients no matter what business you are in. Former clients can charge back their credit cards for the purchase if they choose not to continue with the other travel service options.

DGT/ Castaway Bay What a Joke

AUTHOR: Piera - (U.S.A.)

Are you kidding me do you honestly think that any of us whom have been ripped off by DGT would take a risk on Castaway bay because DGT sent us to them and on top of it they want more money, yeah right! You should go to jail as much as the owner you knew what the scam was and went along with it, I will get my money back and I will pursue all of you go to jail for ripping people off!! How do you sleep at night knowing all the people you stole money from, I hope your mom is proud of you and what a thief you became.

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Transfer of Services

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

All DGT clients have been transferred to Castaways Vacations for service. They can be reached at 866-729-6400. They are offering a trial of their service for all who would like to continue their travel benefits.