Complaint Review: DH Cameras

• Reported By: Jamie — Round Rock Texas United States of America
DH Cameras
3075 S Bonfield St. Chicago, Illinois United States of America

DH Cameras Rong Depot, D&H Cameras Scam Artists Chicago, Illinois

In January I purchased an LCD screen on eBay to replace the scratched one on my camera.  They sent the item, but it was impossible for me to install on my own, so I emailed them about it and requested someone let me know if they can still do the free install offered in the listing.

They didn't respond and after a couple of months of spamming their email and their eBay inbox, I gave them a negative review that indicated that they had not delivered the assistance that was promised in the listing.  A few hours later, I got an email from them telling me to contact them before leaving negative feedback.

I sent them a number of screenshots of my outgoing messages to them and the messages I got in return that stated that they had been successfully delivered.  They never apologized, instead they skirted right past and asked me to send my camera in and that they would repair it and return it as quickly as possible.

In March I packed up my camera, with the parts purchased from eBay, and shipped it overnight and insured it.  They let me know a few days later that the package had arrived and that they would begin repairing it immediately.

In May I received an email stating that my camera was repaired and ready to ship back, but that I needed to pay for return shipping and handling.  It was a negligible amount, so I didn't bother to argue that they had not informed me of the extra cost before I sent my camera in.

Over the next few months I began to send them messages again asking for my camera to be returned.  I did get an email back once asking me what I needed, but I never got a response from them after I answered.  I also emailed them from another account requesting their phone number, but they refused to give it to me until I told them what I needed.  After I told them, they never responded to another message from that account.

I have also tried to contact them through the BBB, eBay, and PayPal without success.  Because I gave these scam artists the benefit of the doubt, my transaction with them is considered to be too old to matter.  I would recommend that you not send them your camera for any reason or even purchase parts from them.  These crooks should be put out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2012 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DH-Cameras/Chicago-Illinois-60608-5625/DH-Cameras-Rong-Depot-DH-Cameras-Scam-Artists-Chicago-Illinois-958904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DH Cameras