Complaint Review: DHGate

• Submitted: Tue, December 04, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, December 04, 2012

• Reported By: nikkiwoodson1 — Houston Texas United States of America
DHGate

DHGate Olivia, Daisy, Kim, Susan, Julia Ordered what was to be my wedding gown and was told I could get a full refund if dissatisfied, got it a month later and it was awful so I sent it back within days of getting it and emailed them all Internet

After checking with the seller to be sure I could return it for a full refund, I ordered what was supposed to be my wedding gown. After a month, I finally received it and it was hideous. I sent it back a few days later and emailed the seller to let them know I was unhappy and would need to be refunded.

The seller declined my refund, so I went directly to DHGate and they insisted I did not "escalate" the issue to them. When you click on "escalate", it takes you to a generic DHGate page and it is impossible to do, so I emailed them directly.

Every response was from a different made up name saying the same thing. They released payment to seller and I would have to take it up with them. I responded to each email saying I have tried that and they will not respond. They continue to respond with the same email.

I ended up having to cancel the wedding and have still not gotten my refund. I have attempted to reach someone who would be willing to help through the California office 213.797.2138, but they will not give me their real name or the number to the "After Sales Dept." (which I believe does not exist). They just tell me that they will call the merchant and they will send a note to the "After Sales Department", but that they have no phone number and can only be reached via email. Then I get the same email saying I didn't take the proper measures.

Basically, "Haha, we got your money, we got the merchandise and because we are in China and gave you 5 whole days to resolve this and you didn't...FINDERS KEEPERS!

No one will take responsibility for this theft and I had to cancel my wedding because of it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 11:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DHGate/internet/DHGate-Olivia-Daisy-Kim-Susan-Julia-Ordered-what-was-to-be-my-wedding-gown-and-was-tol-978154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DHGate