This correspondence is in regards to Beachbody, re: Insanity (R) DVDs workout program
In an attempt to create an extra income I conducted a search on Google looking for a wholesale company to source potential products for resale. Googles search results provided ww.dhgate.com as a wholesale website. DHGate.com is where the Insanity (R) DVD workout program was discovered and listed for sale. On EBay I discovered numerous others selling the same DVD workout program.
Two orders for two DVD sets were placed from DHGate. The website has numerous sellers offering the Insanity (R) DVD set for sale. One set was purchased from the seller world_trading. The second set was purchased from seller sandyxie.
After selling the sets an email was received from the law firm Johnson & Pham, LLP representing Beachbody stating infringement on Beachbody's trademark, copyright and other intellectual property rights by illegal copying, importation, marketing, sale and/or other distribution of counterfeit Insanity
branded fitness products had occurred. The letter requested the following information and if compliance is not met then a lawsuit will be filed:
- A complete statement of actions regarding the copying, manufacturing, importing, marketing, sale,and or distribution of Beachbody's Fitness program.
- A full accounting of the number sold, price paid, sales price and a complete accounting of how the product was acquired.
- The name, address and contact information, price paid of each person who purchased the product.
- An agreement must be completed in the future no engagement in any transactions which bears any intellectual property or marks owned by Beachbody.
- All counterfeit or unauthorized Beachbody products have been destroyed.
- A certified check made payable to Beachbody in the amount of $_________ payable to Beachbody to compensate the company for its investigative and legal as well as damages sustained by the company.
Without admitting fault, I want to say that if the said DVDs were fraudulent, I did not know about it. I purchased them from www.dhgate.com and I believed they were fully lawful.
It would appear there are numerous companies on www.DHGate.co who are selling products which may infringe on trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property rights of companies. Weather DHGate.com is aware or unaware of this problem a report will be filed with DHGate.com in an attempt to notify them of this problem. They may or may not be aware they have companies selling the above mentioned merchandise. Filing this report with Rip-off Report may help keep someone else from experiencing this type of issue. Please investigate this problem.