Complaint Review: DHI Group

DHI Group Unauthorized transaction Internet

*Consumer Comment: DHIGROUPLIM 8667479864 TX

*Consumer Suggestion: Dbl check the charges

*Consumer Suggestion: DHIGrouplim NOT a Scam

I am a sodier currently in Iraq. Because of this I haven't been able to keep up with my bank statements. So I had my wife read them to me and to my surprise there were several charges that I did not authorize.

The first one was from DHIGrouplim for $58.00. This is a company I have never heard of and after looking it up I realized that there was no way this was something that I agreed to or authorized in any way.

I can't believe this. It is going to difficult for me to fight this from Iraq but I will fight it as long as I have too. I cancelled my account and ATM card and switched banks. Then I had the bank start an investigation.

Signalme23
Sanford, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2009 04:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DHI-Group/internet/DHI-Group-Unauthorized-transaction-Internet-453465. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DHI Group

DHIGROUPLIM 8667479864 TX

AUTHOR: Mjolnir3286 - (United States of America)

I have the same company making a withdrawal from my account for $88.00. It is for the internet service I purchase while deployed to Iraq. The internet is provided by a company named Sniper Hill.
If you recognize the name of the company, that is probably the party responsible for the transaction. If you don't recognize the name of the company, it may still be related. Contact your ISP in Iraq and ask them what their credit card payment transactions show up as on a bank statement.
I hope this helps.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Dbl check the charges

AUTHOR: Joe_Snuffy2010 - (United States of America)

DHIGROUPLIM is the billing group for Sniperhill the amount you had was the amount ogf one of the plans they offer, I too had that issue until I remembered the payment for internet.  Being deployed is a challenge, and finances can run away from you or charges become questionable.  I recommend keeping a log to maintain accountability from true and  false charges.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

DHIGrouplim NOT a Scam

AUTHOR: K9lawdog - (U.S.A.)

I too am a soldier in Iraq and have noticed the same DHIGrouplim on my bank statement. This is the billing name for the private internet access that us soldiers can purchase. After doing a little checking around, the actual internet service is through Sniperhill, and you purchased 1 month of internet access.