• Report: #204668

• Submitted: Sat, August 05, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, September 17, 2006

• Reported By:WYandotte Michigan
DHS - Child Protective Service
220 Fort St Port Huron, Michigan U.S.A.

Port Huron DHS Child Theives Huron Child Protective Service Port Huron Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Understand the corruption in the state now days

*UPDATE Employee: Bogus claims

This is to inform the public of the danger of Port Huron Child Protective Service. Back in May of 2001 I had my child removed from my care, All because some abusive mother got jealous and didnt want me to have my child. So In April of 2001 a women named Barbarbra Butler who no longer works with that office any more came to speak with about the possiblelity of me nelgecting my son.

Well there was no evidence of neleglect but she offered
me somew services though the state. Little did I kno that a little undr a month later I would have all kind of bogus charges on me. Well when the court date finally came after he was removed I was told by Mrs. Barb Butler and i qoute "If you admitt to the charges that are listed then you will get your son baack faster then say take it to court." end quote.

Well me being young said ok all I wanted was my son. Little did i know that less then a year later i was going to be told that I either sign off on him or the state will take my rights.

So watch out all you parents who live up there in St cliar county so you dont end up like me.

Danielle
WYandotte, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2006 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DHS-Child-Protective-Service/Port-Huron-Michigan-48060/Port-Huron-DHS-Child-Theives-Huron-Child-Protective-Service-Port-Huron-Michigan-204668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DHS - Child Protective Service

Understand the corruption in the state now days

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

To Gail She did have court appontied attorney he was useless also the Safe Horizons Shelter was no help either so instead of juding her like u did take a look at ur wonderfull state again she went through all court ordered plans and still got screwed so ask before judging someone like so many people today do so

Bogus claims

AUTHOR: Gail - (U.S.A.)

Hello,

Why didnt you use a court appointed attorney to fight the "bogus charges"? A CPS caseworker cannot "take a child" without an order from the court. If there is evidence of abuse or neglect, the child may be removed and the parent(s) have at least one year to participate in services to regain custody of their child. Why didnt you participate in services and prove to the court that you are capable of caring for your child? CPS workers have nothing to gain by making up false allegations of abuse in order to take children away from their parents. If a child is removed from their parents care, a Foster Care worker assists the family toward reunification, unless the abuse of the child is so severe that it is unsafe for the child to ever return home. Maybe you should look into your own behavior and figure out how/why CPS became involved with your family in the first place.