Complaint Review: DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL

• Updated: Fri, June 29, 2012

• Reported By: skovmus — WESTON Florida United States of America
DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL
HEAD OFFICE NEW YORK Internet United States of America

DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL refuse to acknowledge a watch is faulty to refund price after being repaired five or six times by philip stein Internet

In Dec 2010, while on a cruise in St Maarten, I purchased a Philip Stein dual timezone watch, without strap. When I returned to FL to purchase a strap ordered and received on 14 Jan 2011, I started to use the watch. It did not keep time. I called Diamonds International (DI) and they referred me to Philip Stein. I contacted them in Miami and had several repairs, the last of which resulted in a complete replacement watch with a new serial number. Now the the smaller face does not keep time. I have called Philip Stein for a refund as I have become exasperated. They told me DI are the only ones to give a refund. I called them and they told me the opposite. Originally Philip Stein had told me they were having problems with the watch movements which is why I had so many issues with time keeping. They assured me acquiring a new one from Euraope would solve this!! IT has not.

I asked DI to contact Philip Stein to agree between themselves who would refund. They said they would not. They told me ALL SALES ARE FINAL is written on the reverse of the invoice. It is COMPANY POLICY.

MY MESSAGE TO ALL CRUISERS AND ANYONE ELSE DEALING WITH DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL (INCL TANZANITE INTERNATIONL (TI) IS TO NOT THINK YOU ARE SAVING MONEY IF YOU BUY ON THE ISLANDS / CRUISE TRIP. Philip Stein will not help you with a refund, only try their best to repair it.

This situation is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, i sincerely hope enough people read this and decide not to purchase anything on a cruise of any value.

Additionally, I wanted to put this charge in dispute with Citibank, Credit Cards. They told me that because the purchase was greater than 50 miles outside Florida (my home location) they would not allow a dispute to take place. I SUGGEST you check with your own credit card company to see if they have the same policy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2012 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIAMONDS-INTERNATIONAL/internet/DIAMONDS-INTERNATIONAL-refuse-to-acknowledge-a-watch-is-faulty-to-refund-price-after-bein-904648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL