Complaint Review: DICKSON CITY HYUNDAI

• Submitted: Sat, March 14, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 14, 2009

• Reported By:Harveys Lake Pennsylvania
DICKSON CITY HYUNDAI
SCRANTOM CARBONDALE HIGHWAY Dickson City, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

DICKSON CITY HYUNDAI SALESMEN LIES LIES LIES AND MORE LIES Dickson City Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Dealers will tell you anything...

In May of 2007 I needed a new car because my old one had over 200,000 miles on it (Chev. S-10). I went to Dickson City Hyundai so I could get the great deal they said they had. I got a used 2003 Santa Fe, the car is nice but I was lied to about how much it was going to coast me!

I got the car @ 60 mo. @ $352.00 a mo. The sales manager. told me that" IF YOU MAKE EVER PAYMENT ON TIME FOR ONE YEAR I WILL REFINANCE THE CAR FOR YOU @ A MUCH LOWER RATE". Well after 12 payments Shawn the sales manager. said because I had just refinance my home ( because my credit had improved a lot ) I would have to wait. I kept up on my next 10 payment and so I had 22 payments made all on time.

Well I called Shawn today 3-14-09 and guess what! The same guy that told me to keep up on my payments ( Shawn ) told me that because that the value of the 2003 Santa was less then what I still owe that he could not do anything for me except sale me a new car, because I have good credit now.

I have payed to date on time over $15,000 and the santa fe is worth $9,000 and I still have about 37 more payments @ $352 a mo.
Thanks for lies Shawn! I WILL NEVER BUY A CAR FROM DICKSON CITY HYUNDAI

Dennis
Harveys Lake, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2009 08:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DICKSON-CITY-HYUNDAI/Dickson-City-Pennsylvania-18519/DICKSON-CITY-HYUNDAI-SALESMEN-LIES-LIES-LIES-AND-MORE-LIES-Dickson-City-Pennsylvania-434128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DICKSON CITY HYUNDAI

Dealers will tell you anything...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

This is a very common "sales pitch" by a lot of dealers to get people to accept a loan at a higher interest rate. Just remember one thing...that unless it is in writing it did not happen.

The straight fact is that NO bank will refinance their own loan. You can actually attempt to refinance your car after just 1 payment, although if it is a credit issue 9-12 payments are better. But you must go to a different bank. There are several banks that specialize in this refinance market. Being upside down does not automatically exclude you, but most have minimums(such as $7500-$10000) that you still must owe. If you do an Internet search you can several.