Complaint Review: DIRECT BUY AUTO WARRANTY

• Updated: Thu, February 13, 2014

• Reported By: maryann orse — new richmond Ohio
DIRECT BUY AUTO WARRANTY
33 WOOD AVE SOUTH ISELIN, New Jersey USA

DIRECT BUY AUTO WARRANTY Fraud, withholding information, causing harm ISELIN New Jersey

*Author of original report: FRAUD AUTO WARRANTY

*Author of original report: Fraud

I just purchased a used 2006 BMW X5 4.4i with 82,000 miles. I started looking for extended warranty and found DIRECT BUY on line. I explained to the sales rep Ryan Dunn Senior Underwriter what i was looking for I wanted full coverage on the car because i new when and if something needed fixed on the BMW the costs would be extremely high, I even have an email that I sent him so he new what I needed. The sales rep told me their Platinum Elite would cover everything except bumpers and brake pads. So I spend $2500 on a 3 year 60, 000 mile warranty and it was fraud. I have had my BMW for 3 months now and took it in to get serviced they found the drive shaft is in need of repair and must be fixed plus they found other things, leaky transmission hose, electrical sensors etc.etc. so when BMW went to make a claim Direct Buy declined it for NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR. I had to pay for the Warranty before I received a 20 page booklet (declaration) and on the 9th page letter K. BREAKDOWN it explains the difference between COVERED PART and of course WEAR AND TEAR is not covered. Why would someone in their right mind Purchase an extended warranty on a vehicle with 82, 000 miles that didn't cover everything. This company took advantage of me, they new I didn't have wear and tear on a car with 82,000 they new the parts would wear down. I am not an insurance agent and never heard of wear and tear but Ryan Dunn new and didn't explain it to me. After reviewing several website complaint boards including the Ohio Attorney General consumer complaint and New Jersey Attorney General Consumer Complaint this is a common practice for Direct Buy Warranty.  They dont want you to know about the wear and tear clause, because people wouldn't buy a warranty for a car without it.

I am filing complaints with every state and local agency I can about this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2014 06:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECT-BUY-AUTO-WARRANTY/ISELIN-New-Jersey-08830/DIRECT-BUY-AUTO-WARRANTY-Fraud-withholding-information-causing-harm-ISELIN-New-Jersey-1123195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECT BUY AUTO WARRANTY

FRAUD AUTO WARRANTY

AUTHOR: maryann orse - ()

On or about February 12, 2014 I received a call from George Thompson claims department with Direct Buy Auto Warranty.   Mr. Thompson was very argumentive, told me when I signed the contract I was agreeing to everything and that I understood what I was signing.  I have attached a copy of the agreement which as you will be able to see is very hard to read and understand unless you know where to read the fine print.  I explained to Mr. Thompson that  Ryan Dunn was very deceiving and also Direct Buy advertising was deceiving as well.

I am going to do whatever it takes to get the word out about this company and how they rip people off with deceptive ads and lies.

Fraud

AUTHOR: maryann orse - ()

I just purchased a used 2006 BMW X5 4.4i with 82, 000 miles. I started looking for extended warranty and found DIRECT BUY on line. I explained to the sales rep Ryan Dunn Senior Underwriter what i was looking for I wanted full coverage on the car because i new when and if something needed fixed on the BMW the costs would be extremely high. Ryan Dunn told me their Platinum Elite would cover everything except bumpers and brake pads.  So I spend $2500 on a 3 year 60, 000 mile warranty and it was fraud.

I have had my BMW for 3 months now and took it in to get serviced they found the drive shaft is in need of repair and must be fixed plus they found other things, leaky transmission hose, electrical sensors etc.etc. so when BMW went to make a claim Direct Buy declined it for NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR. I had never heard of such a scam,  why buy a warranty?

I had to pay for the Warranty before I received a 20 page booklet (declaration) and on the 9th page letter K. BREAKDOWN it explains the difference between COVERED PART and of course WEAR AND TEAR is not covered. Again I had to purchase the warranty before actually reading it and honeslty I still didn't understand the terms.  I don't sell insurance.

Why would someone in their right mind Purchase an extended warranty on a vehicle with 82,000 miles that didn't cover everything especially wear and tear.  Ryan Dunn new I needed a warranty with WEAR AND TEAR but didn't disclose that his company didn't cover breakdown due to WEAR AND TEAR.
This company took advantage of me, they new I didn't have wear and tear on a car with 82, 000 they new the parts would wear down.

I will be filing a complaint with the Attorney General office of Ohio and New Jersey Attorney General also the BBB.  This company is a fraud.  The feds need to know about this company and how they take advantage of people.