Complaint Review: DIRECT BUY

DIRECT BUY
7036 SNOWDRIFT ROAD STE 110 ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania United States of America

DIRECT BUY THE BAIT AND LIE ALLENTOWN Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: False claims by Direct Buy

On 11/04/2005, my wife and I attended a DIRECTBUY invitation. We like many others sat through all the spiels. Since we were building a new house in the spring, it seemed like a GREAT idea to join. We sat an calculated the savings on our kitchen and flooring. WOW!.... SO we joined. Big Mistake.

In Feb 2006 we returned to the store and began our attempt to have a kitchen design done. To our disappointment the store catalogs were not up to date nor was the store software. We gave a rough idea to the design person and waited to see what she could do.

In march we returned to DIRECTBUY and still the catalogs were not up to date, even the design person was frustrated, or so it appeared. On 03/17/2006, after much waiting, we finally received a faxed copy of a design idea and the price.

There were NO savings. I had three other businesses do kitchen plans and all were within $1000.00 of each other.

Due to the lack of savings and delays on the design I contacted the owner of this DIRECTBUY, Tom G. Tom was very apologetic and agreed to adjust the price. Tom stated that if they could not satisfy us he would let us out of our contract, reimburse us for our down payment and all fees paid. tom stated they would be 1/3 the cost of a local business. When all was said and done the price was still $1,700.00 from our own Home Depot design. Home depot offered guaranteed returns and replacements unlike DIRECTBUY.

To this day we are still attempting to get out of the contract and our account is now in collection because I refused to pay...

Paul Honesale, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2008 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECT-BUY/ALLENTOWN-Pennsylvania-18106/DIRECT-BUY-THE-BAIT-AND-LIE-ALLENTOWN-Pennsylvania-304315. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECT BUY

False claims by Direct Buy

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

I recently filed a report with the Pennsylvania Attorney Generals office about Direct Buy of Lehigh Valley Pa/Trinity Enterprise,LLC. In my response letter, I learned that in 2008 Direct Buy TERMINATED this franchise, which was owned by a Trinity Enterprise,LLC corporation.
  In march 2009 that company, Trinity Enterprise,LLC, filed for bankruptcy.
 All this has come about as a result of the numerous complaints made about the operation of this franchise. Yet when I contacted Direct Buy Corporate offices in Feb 2008 none of the ongoing problems with this franchise were told to me, and I was referred back to the franchise to settle this matter.

Direct Buy did not contact me until after I read some updates on Rip Off Report's web site, and recontacted Rip Off Report to see if I was being overlooked. In their statement Direct Buy promised to make good on the complaints and convinced Rip Off Report that it was doing this. The only thing that was done was to gloss over all the complaints with their Corporate statement which is now attached to every complaint.

Paul Semler