Mexico

• Submitted: Wed, March 03, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, March 03, 2010

• Reported By: Burnt — Sauble Beach Ontario Canada
DIRECT ENERGY
2225 Sheppard Ave east, Atrialll, Suite 400 Toronto, Ontario United States of America
  • Phone: 1-800-588-7112
  • Web:
  • Category:

DIRECT ENERGY Giant Rip Off , Cost me Money from start to finish Toronto Ontario

That knock on the front door with someone promising me cost protection and money savings was misrepresentation at its BEST !!!!!!

From Day One I've paid more for my utilities than ever before in my life and when I moved to my new house I was looking forward to the end ... until I found it the contract follows you like a bad skunk smell after you hit it with your car and you can still smell it miles and days later. ( months later with Direct Energy ...)

I started the wheels turning in November for my new house that I took possession on December the 1st, thats when I found out the contract would be coming to my new house or you can buy it out, I'll go for the buy out....... almost $1500.00 for services I'd never be using ..... How can you come up with a price for services I asked , and asked ..... they base it on previous usage but that doesn't make sense because my new house or my old house could have changed with a new furnace or a different source of heat because paying their prices for gas & hydro was putting me in the poor house.

After many phone calls and correspondence with this Company they put my bill to a Collection Agency, but they were still charging me on both my Gas & Hydro bill.

Talk about added stress , and money down the tiolet while this Company grows Bigger and bigger ripping off the public is sickening ... Like their above the law...

The Bigger they are the Harder they Fall , anyway while wading through the Muck of Direct Energy I learned a few things that will help some of the less fortunate.

Geared to income , low income and anyone on disability can get their Contract cancelled without penalty , they may have to go to their Local MP.

Anyway , I could go on, and on , but I've paid them, sent the cheques and received my bills their still charging me called Hydro and Gas Companies .. NO  they have no cancellation from Direct Energy... called Direct Energy they have no recoreds of Payment sent them the Cheques cashed information and now wait for the next MOVE...

Can You believe a Company like this can stay in business and sign people to this Contract and sleep at night.

I'll bet the employees of Direct Energy wouldn't sign up for their own services , anyway educate all you can about this Company , Before they BURN a thousand more  Innocent people ...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2010 08:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECT-ENERGY/Toronto-Ontario-m2j5c2/DIRECT-ENERGY-Giant-Rip-Off-Cost-me-Money-from-start-to-finish-Toronto-Ontario-577240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECT ENERGY