Complaint Review: DIRECT MERCHANTS BANK

• Submitted: Fri, August 24, 2001
  • Updated: Sun, June 09, 2002

• Reported By:
DIRECT MERCHANTS BANK
PO BOX 21550 Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

DIRECT MERCHANTS BANK-CREDIT CARD NAZIS

*Consumer Comment: no power bills to show

I have always paid my balance on time and have always paid off my balance. Recently I sent two checks to direct merchants and they lost one of my checks and said that it was my fault. Their research team could not find my missing check and told me to write another one to replace it, so I did. Since they only posted one of my checks, that meant that I still had a remaining balance on my account which meant that they were going to rip me off because of their high interest rates.

Later I received a letter in the mail stating they would reverse any finance charges that accured during their research. When I called them I got the 4 most unintelligent, imcompetent customer service people on earth. They couldn't answer my questions and did not display any common sense. When I finally got to speak with someone about my finance charges they told my I had to send in a copy of my driver's license, a copy of my social security card and a copy of my phone bill to prove who I was.

That was the most outrageous thing I have ever heard of. It is an evasion of privacy and totally unecessary. After that I just closed my account. This company is nothing more than a scam and should be closed down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECT-MERCHANTS-BANK/Tulsa-Oklahoma-71421-1550/DIRECT-MERCHANTS-BANK-CREDIT-CARD-NAZIS-6333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECT MERCHANTS BANK

no power bills to show

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

I got a card and I called to activate it and all went fine...I later recieved a letter saying it had been blocked until I sent them a copy of my SS card and my Drivers L and a copy of my power bill...I done pay for power so I dont have one...I was put on a cerdit card fraud list which pissed me off so bad...I have 4 accounts with Capital one and they are good...Talking to a person from costomer service got me no place...this company should be shut down...or be up front with new costomers..Robert Sara