Complaint Review: DIRECT T.V. REBATE RIPOFFS

• Reported By: Ms. F — Omaha Nebraska United States of America
DIRECT T.V. REBATE RIPOFFS
2230 East Imperial Highway Internet United States of America

DIRECT T.V., Direct TV, DirecTV REBATE RIPOFFS Rebate deception, Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Directv is a sorry company!

Direct TV in 2009 and so far 2010 hold the most complaints for any company online. In November 2009 I was contacted by sales for Direct TV. The representative explained that I would receive a $100 Visa rebate 10-12 weeks after my account was activated to reimburse me for the "set up" fees. In December I contacted them about an unauthorized charge on my CC. They apologized, reimbursed me for the charge and remove the funding source from my account. From Jan-April I contacted them every month requesting an update on my rebate and was told it was being processed. On 04/30 I was told by a supervisor that I was ineligible for the rebate because my funding source was cancelled. I asked the supervisor to review my history and activity log and please explain to me where I was notified of such terms applying to the rebate. He was unable to answer me. In fact refused to answer me or even escalate my call at all. I work in the ecommerce business as a VIP AM on EBay and in my professional opinion this is right out trickery and deception by the company. Direct TV uses these rebates and "special" pricing to bring in new clients only to not honor or renege on their original agreement once a buyer has signed up and entered into a contract. I was told once I cancel my service I will be held liable for $200 cancellation fee even though I feel they breached the contract. I see many other states have filed similar suits for their bad business practices and definitely see the need for Nebraska Residents to hold this company liable for their deceptive practices. Respectfully Emily F

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2010 03:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECT-TV-REBATE-RIPOFFS/internet/DIRECT-TV-Direct-TV-DirecTV-REBATE-RIPOFFS-Rebate-deception-Internet-598726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECT T.V. REBATE RIPOFFS

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Directv is a sorry company!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

You are 100% right about Directv. They purposefully train people to be deceptive to their customers. I was told in one of my "training" classes that these policies are designed to fail, banking on the fact that most people won't pursue the matter.

I most humbly apologize for any inconvenience that I may have caused you during my time at Directv, but if it's any consolation, Directv treats their employees the same way they treat their customers....like dirt!!!