Complaint Review: DIRECT TV

• Submitted: Thu, February 25, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, February 25, 2010

• Reported By: Gabby — Fairborn Ohio U.S.A.
DIRECT TV

DIRECT TV Bundle Scam Internet

I've been a Direct TV customer since Dec 2008.  In November 2009 I was interested in changing my internet service provider.  I went to the Direct TV website and saw that I may be able to bundle internet service with my current Direct TV service.  I called 800-531-5000 and was transferred to the "Bundles Dept" at 866-684-7457.

I spoke with Carla, and she offered me AT&T internet service that included a one-time $12.95 installation fee, $45.00 plus tax for 12 months, 6.0 meg/sec, with a $10.00 bill credit on my Direct TV bill for 12 months.  She informed me I would need to either buy a modem from AT&T or get my own, and also said I would be okay without having a phone line.  She placed my order for an activation date of 11-13-09, and sent me an email summary of all the information above.  The email states it will take 8 weeks for the credit to go into effect. I have this email still.

I received a few calls over the next few days confirming my services.  I believe one said they needed my CC number to set up automatic billing, which I did, and I'm not sure what all the other calls were for.  Anyways, my service was set up on 11-13-09, I know have AT&T internet.

I expected to see the bill credit in January, but it wasn't there.  I decided to wait until February just in case.  But SURPRISE! no bill credit.  I started calling Direct TV upon receiving my February bill, and it has been a nightmare since then.

I have called atleast 10 times, and spoke with atleast 20 people.  I call Direct TV and the say I need to call AT&T.  I call AT&T and they say I need to call Direct TV.  I call Direct TV again and they say I need to call Direct TV Bundles.  I call Direct TV Bundles and they say I need to call Direct TV.  You see my point.

As I've spoken with these 20 people, I've been told that the $10 bill credit does not exist, althought if you go to their website right now in the Bundles section you can see it does exist.  Then I was told that I am not bundled.... So I guess I just magically got AT&T internet connected in my house on 11-13-10 despite the fact that I have never called AT&T to order anything.  I've only called Direct TV to order internet.  Then I was told that I have to call AT&T because if I am bundled then I don't have a Direct TV.... but hmmmmmm Direct TV takes money from my account on the 17th of every month so I apparently have a Direct TV bill.

This whole process has been more than frustrating.  I am now waiting for a call from the "Escalation Dept", but somehow know I won't get anywhere.

I am very disappointed as I have been happy with my Direct TV experience, and am only asking for what was promised to me.  However, with every phone call I am belittled and basically called a liar.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2010 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECT-TV/internet/DIRECT-TV-Bundle-Scam-Internet-574791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECT TV