Complaint Review: DIRECT TV

• Submitted: Sat, March 10, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, March 10, 2012

• Reported By: Sara — spring Texas United States of America
DIRECT TV

DIRECT TV DIRECTTV Rep made a fraudulent offer, installed equipment under false pretenses, & will not refund installation $$ Internet

While challenging a rate increase (to my service that was still under contract) with Direct TV representative Amanda (emp. # 100341860), I mentioned that I needed additional service in another state but would not consider Direct TV if they could not be trusted to honor their current commitment.  Amanda assured me that she could assist with both current and new service.

She offered a credit on the existing service to offset the rate increase and told me that I could combine the new service that I needed with my existing service that I already had.  According
to Amanda, the only charges that I would incur, would be for the 2 additional receivers ($12.xx/month) and a onetime installation fee of $19.95+tax.  After informing Amanda that I needed the service full time in both locations and questioning the validity of her offer, I was assured that it would not be a problem.

The day after the equipment was installed for the new service, I began to have problems with the service at the original site.  I contacted Tech Support representative Cory, who told me that the setup was illegal and he proceeded to accuse me of fraud.  I immediately asked for his supervisor.  Joana, said my service had to be separated into two different accounts and that Amanda had made a mistake.  Joana was able to correct the service in the original site and then transferred me to new account setup for the new service.

New account representative Lakeisha (emp. #Y4142) listened to my story, apologized for the Direct TV representatives mistake, and offered me a new account package for only $80+/month.

I informed her that I could not afford that amount and if she could not come closer to what I had originally been quoted, then I would appreciate it if they would come and get the equipment that was installed in my home under fraudulent and false pretenses.  In addition, I asked to be credited for the installation charges that I would not have incurred, had I been given accurate information in the first place.  Neither New account representative, Lakeisha, nor her supervisor, Justin, nor Retentions representative Cristen or her supervisor, were able to provide any resolution and/or restitution.

In fact, Justin implied that I was responsible for Amandas mistake and that I should have let her know that she was incorrect.

Apparently, Direct TV believes that the customer is responsible for their employees education as well as their mistakes.

I call it legalized theft.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2012 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECT-TV/internet/DIRECT-TV-DIRECTTV-Rep-made-a-fraudulent-offer-installed-equipment-under-false-pretenses-851824. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECT TV