Complaint Review: DIRECT T.V.

• Submitted: Wed, January 06, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, January 06, 2010

• Reported By: AJ — birmingham Alabama United States of America

DIRECT T.V. Lied about rebate, promised extra 10 off, and wont remove charges! Internet

We recently signed up for Direct TV for the 49.95 a month for the 12 of the 24 months.  The other 12 months should be 75.99.  After speaking with the sales person on the phone we said we would call back after checking with a competitor.

The sales person told us if we agreed to sign up that day we would receive an additional 10 off each month for 6 months so we joined.  Since then I have been told I am incorrect by a manager of the phone lines after on of the sales guys said they saw it in the notes.

Other than being lied to about the 10 dollars on our second month they billed us of the Starz and Showtime which is free for the first 3 months.  I have asked for my money refunded and was told it will be discounted back on the next bill.  Not a huge issue however if their house payment was bumped 25% and they got the response I did I'm sure they would be doing the same thing I am.

Once you sign the year contract its 20 dollars a month to cancel.  I told them they are liars and that I dont want to do business with them and the response is its 440 to cancel.

Terrible company and would love to be part of a joint law suit against this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2010 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECT-TV/internet/DIRECT-TV-Lied-about-rebate-promised-extra-10-off-and-wont-remove-charges-Internet-550473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECT T.V.