Complaint Review: DIRECTV - DIRECTV

PO Box 538605 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America
  • Phone: 800-531-5000
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

DIRECTV - DIRECTV Charged high fee different than amount stated for disconnect. Atlanta, Georgia

I called DirecTV to cancel my service due to a terminal illness. I was told by a representative after she had spoken with her supervisor, who stated that I would have to pay a disconnect fee in the amount of $200. The payment would be billed in two or three weeks. I looked at my Bank account and was startled today that I was billed $366. When I called to get an explaination I was not given a satisfactory response nor a corrective route. I WILL NEVER recommend DirecTV to anyone!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2009 07:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECTV-DIRECTV/Atlanta-Georgia-30353/DIRECTV-DIRECTV-Charged-high-fee-different-than-amount-stated-for-disconnect-Atlanta-535674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECTV - DIRECTV