Complaint Review: DIRECTV

• Submitted: Tue, June 10, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, May 25, 2010

• Reported By:Asheville North Carolina
DIRECTV
DIRECTV , North Carolina U.S.A.

DIRECTV Do not give Directv or Dish Network your credit card information or checking account information sen eith er money orders to pay your bills or open a banks account with a debit card attached so you can have control of how much money is in it and can close it at anytime so they can't take your money for cancelling you directv or Dish network account North Carolina

*General Comment: Directv

I have been having trouble with our Directv we had it installed 1/08 it took 3 different installers to come out and finally get things working right. That should of been a sign right off. We have had Directv in the past and have been pretty happy but now things have changed.We now get this searching for satellite note on the bottom of some of our channels you never know when it will appear code 771. Now remember it took 3 service techs to begin with in January and they switched out the recievers now this. Well I called about it because in our bedroom it does not happen only in the living room. I was told since the 90 days has pasted since the install that I would have to pay $79.95 for a repair tech to come out or pay $5.95 a month for a protection plan that would not cover this time I would have to pay $29.95 and sign up for the protection plan which would add $5.95 more to my monthly bill. I said this equipment is leased why do we have to pay a repair charge. If you are also thinking about going back to cable but you have credit card info or checking account info on your directv account online or if you have paid over the phone with either checking or debit or credit get them account numbers changed close those accounts open new ones with new debit card and new account numbers then cancell your account If you still owe them money or are cancelling early because of such problems. Do Not tell them you are cancelling your account unless you have changed all your account numbers that they know about.They can't take it if they don't know it or don't have it.

Anonymous
Asheville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2008 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECTV/North-Carolina/DIRECTV-Do-not-give-Directv-or-Dish-Network-your-credit-card-information-or-checking-accou-338945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECTV

#1 General Comment

Directv

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

I don't understand it myself. Directv cut me off in oct of 2001. In the last 8 months they have called me to sign me back up as a dealer for them. The only thing holding me back is the quotal system. Actually the did sign me up a couple years ago. When i got the letter it said ,your approved, but one day one of our reps  will call you to see if we really need you as a dealer in your area. I've never been approved and shot down all in the same letter before. i"m thinking it more about the quanity and not the quality.

When i was still  installing  Directv i gave my customers a one year installation warranty. We were only required to give a 90 day warranty. Same for Dish Network. I give a 1 year warranty . When were on required to give a 6 month warranty on the install.

During the qualification process i only took a real credit card. I told my customers never use a debit card. I also give out a blank copy of my invoice and Dish Networks contract before i do the install.

You should see the Directv install behind my business. It is either on the property line, over the property line on my side and or one the property side of the rental house. The installer put it on a pole in line for the telephone poles. This way he didn't have to give one call the required 48 hour work order before the digging took place. When i have  a pole to set. I call in to get a dig permit and advise the customer to get their own dig permit number.

Maybe calling serveral dealers in your area to get the idea what is required . Plus  what the dealer might do for you.

I've been doing this 26 years now. It doesn't make me perfect. But i can do things other dealer can't . In all that time i have only given 3 customers their money back. yes i have made mistakes. But when given the chance i have always tried to make it right.

I've got Dish Network installs . Where the home owner can watch all 4 tuners , the DVD player and the local tv antenna on every tv in the home. I don't believe I'm the only dealer capable of doing this. Doing research wouldnt hurt before you commit. Ask a lot of questions of many dealers.

Always remember one thing. There is not such thing as a free lunch. If your signing a piece of paper. Read it before you sign. Your the one signing it and don't rely on anyone telling you the truth. READ IT !

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC