Complaint Review: DIRECTV

• Updated: Thu, April 08, 2010

• Reported By: Lisa — LaHarpe Illinois United States of America
DIRECTV

DIRECTV DirecTV 10 Year Overcharge to Us! Internet

Just realized that DirecTV charges $6 per month for equipment rental; I've been paying $10 since 2000.  I called DirecTV and they explained that I was a Primestar customer and my fee with Primestar was $10.  Even though I have had several technicians visit my home and swap out my equipment and re-run a cable that had gone bad not once did they make me aware I could cancel the Primestar agreement and enter the DirecTV agreement to save me $4.  Obviously, when I called with a problem they looked to see if I had the equipment agreement rental so why wouldn't they make me aware of the difference?  I actually would have thought when they switched from Primestar to DirecTV they would have sent information giving me the option to minimize this charge?  They wouldn't even give me a dime worth of credit or offer any type of "make up" since it was my obligation to switch it over - how could I if I never knew!!  Very poor customer service; I truly feel like I have been taken advantage of for 10 years and they have stolen $480 from me!!  I have an appointment to switch to dish!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2010 06:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECTV/internet/DIRECTV-DirecTV-10-Year-Overcharge-to-Us-Internet-590819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECTV