Complaint Review: DIRECTV

• Submitted: Tue, January 19, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, January 02, 2011

• Reported By: JAY N — Denver Colorado United States of America
DIRECTV
2230 East Imperial Highway, El Segundo, CA 90245 Internet United States of America

DIRECTV DirectTV Overcharging, misrepresenting, refusal for refunds, broken equipment Internet

*Consumer Comment: Jay N DirecTv problem

I am writing to you because I think you should make Denver consumers aware of DirecTV's overcharges, misrepresentation, refusal for refunds, broken equipment.

I have never felt more deceived by a company than I have by DirecTV. I should have researched them further, now finding they have an F rating on BBB. Do your viewers a favor and make they know not to sign a contract or do any business with DirecTV.

They have overcharged me, double charged me (yes charged twice for a service HBO/showtime that I did sign up for even once), not sign me up for the plan I agreed to, but instead a more expensive one, sent broken equipment not once, but twice, refused refund, blamed me for not catching their overcharges sooner. Sent me broken equipment & then charged me $19.99 shipping so they could send me working equipment. Told me working equipment would arrive in 2 days, now it looking like 4 days.

When I first called to complain about overcharges they said I had signed up through a 3rd party that must have made false promises, however the 3rd party never made it known I was not talking directly to DirecTV. When I asked for a refund of overcharges they told me I didn't have anything in writing with the plan I supposively signed up for so they couldn't refund it. Right now when I asked for my contract in writing they told me they couldn't provide anything in writing. You can't win they will lie to you to get you off the phone.

I'm locked into a 2 year contact at $40/month for each month I cancel early. So cancelling the service is not an option because I'm locked in. I would think if they don't uphold their end of the contract I could get out, but that does not seem to be the case.

The first few errors seemed innocent, but the more I talked to people & manager there it appears they are being purposes deceptive and overcharging, putting on add-on charges and refusing refunds. I am fed up and want to make sure no other person in Denver falls for their scams.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2010 07:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECTV/internet/DIRECTV-DirectTV-Overcharging-misrepresenting-refusal-for-refunds-broken-equipment-Inte-557049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECTV

Jay N DirecTv problem

AUTHOR: babygirl78 - (United States of America)

Directv has overcharged me before, but they corrected it. I've had a similar experience with another company. I asked them to provide me with a copy of the contract with my signature. They couldn't, so I told them I don't have a contract with you and to stop billing me anything. If they can't provide you with a contract, how do you have a contract with them? My suggestion to you is, ask for the contract again, and if they say they don't have it, then you tell them, well I don't have a contract with you and you need to stop billing me because I'm cancelling my service.

whereas