Complaint Review: DIRECTV

• Submitted: Mon, December 31, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 31, 2012

• Reported By: Thad — Lyman Wyoming United States of America
DIRECTV

DIRECTV Directv not letting me get the genie without paying $299, even on a upgrade. Internet

I have been with Directv for 2 years now. When I moved to Wyoming from Utah, they had me resign up with a new contract, and I used all the old receivers. Now when that new Genie came out, I emailed them to see if I could upgrate to get it for free. "Like they where doing with all the new customers". When I got their reply, they stated that the only people getting the genie for free was the new customers, and I would have to wait until my contract was up. Otherwise it would cost me $299 plus installation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2012 04:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECTV/internet/DIRECTV-Directv-not-letting-me-get-the-genie-without-paying-299-even-on-a-upgrade-Int-989163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECTV