Complaint Review: DIRECTV

• Reported By: Astara — pasadena California USA
DIRECTV
po box 6550 Internet United States of America

DIRECTV unapologetic Directv refuses to give retroactive credit Internet

A few months after I cancelled my service, Directv contacted me and told me that as an incentive to come back, I could have the 42.99/mo + credit me my cancellation fee.

I was credited the $200, but, I was charged $73/mo for 3 months, which ran the credits out in 3 months. I called the company 2 times (one hour on phone each time) and the rep said they didn't know why I wasnt credited every month. The bottom line, the credits apply only when the department in charge processes them, and they are in effect the day they are processed. NOT retroactively!! So, if I make a request, and it takes them 5 weeks, then, I am paying full price for that time, until they process my credits/adjustments.
Wow, what a rip-off. The rep who signed me back up did not tell me that I had to do anything. And when I did call, it didn't get done the first time--even though it should have been done, and the second time I called, it got done, but 5 weeks later!! Finally, I am paying the $43 a month, but not until paying full price for 5 months!! Jerks!! The refused to credit me anything, even though they noted that I did call. Don't sign any contracts if you can help it. They make money off of you, even if you are not satisfied!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2011 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECTV/internet/DIRECTV-unapologetic-Directv-refuses-to-give-retroactive-credit-Internet-727688. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECTV