Complaint Review: DISCOUNT GLOBAL TRAVEL

• Submitted: Sun, March 09, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, March 09, 2008

• Reported By:Oak Park Michigan
DISCOUNT GLOBAL TRAVEL
Woodward Avenue Royal Oak, Michigan U.S.A.

DISCOUNT GLOBAL TRAVEL OPERATED IN "THREE" STATES - MICHIGAN, OHO, CALIFORNIA BIG RIP-OFF!! Royal Oak Michigan

I signed a contract with Discount Global in July 2005 for a weeks vacation for 6 years not to be more than $500 a week for a condo, villa, etc. Todate, March 2008, I have not received any benefit. I paid $2500.00.

April 2007, I filed a complaint with the Michigan Department of the Attorney General. My complaint has been acknowlwdged but has not generated any results. I also contacted the local TV stations. They could not do anything because the Royal Oak location had closed.

March of 2007, I was contacted by a company called DGT Castaways. They offered me a $159.99 annual membership and stated that they "joined forces with Discount Global". The letter is signed by Peter Henrik, President, Discount Global and Chris Dxon, President Castaways Vacation. When I contacted them they refused to give me any infomation about Discount Global Travel and tried to convince that they shouldn't have put Discount Global Travel on their letterhead and envelope and they were not going to honor my Discount Global signed contract. My question is: How can they advertise as Discount Global and not br Discount Global? If the owners of Discount Global are still making money, I want my $2500 back! If the owners have assets, I want my $2500 back!

Below is all the information I have on this subject. Hopefully it can help someone. I would be happy to be part of a class action law suit. It is apparent that lots of people have been ripped off in three states:

Discount Global Travel:
25554 Woodward Avenue Royal Oak, MI 48067 248-542-5000 866-646-1521
166253 Laguna Canyon Rd, Ste 100 Irvine, CA 949-727-3440, (same 1-800 #)
4807 Rockside Rd, Ste 100 Independence, OH 44131, (same 1-800 #)

Discount Global Travel Castaways Vacations (advertise in business since 1985)
5601 Brodie Lane, Ste 620-304, Austin, TX 78745 866-729-5541 or
866-729-6400 1-800-218-8691

Last thing I heard is Peter Henrik, President, Discouny Global Travel and/or Peder Seglind lives here in St Clair Shores Michigan.

Patricia
Oak Park, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2008 08:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISCOUNT-GLOBAL-TRAVEL/Royal-Oak-Michigan/DISCOUNT-GLOBAL-TRAVEL-OPERATED-IN-THREE-STATES-MICHIGAN-OHO-CALIFORNIA-BIG-RIP-OFF-316324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISCOUNT GLOBAL TRAVEL