Complaint Review: DISCOUNT TIRE DIRECT

• Submitted: Fri, May 14, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, May 14, 2010

• Reported By: radart — Roanoke Virginia United States of America
DISCOUNT TIRE DIRECT

DISCOUNT TIRE DIRECT The Reinalt-Thomas Corporation RAN MY GOLD AMEX CARD 3 TIMES, CARD DENIED, REQUIRING ME TO BE ISSUED A NEW CARD & NUMBER, Internet

I placed an order for 4 tires via the net interface, filling out all required info.

After several minutes, an unidentified male called and told me my card was rejected by AMEX. I gave him my AMEX number and asked him to run it again. He said it was declined.

I then called AMEX and they told me that Discount Tire Direct had run my card three times and that this alerted a "suspicious" activity report which automatically made their system deny the charge.

I called Discount Tire Direct (DTD) back and they denied doing anything wrong. I cancelled the order.

AMEX then advised me that my card was no longer valid and that they would send me a new card immediately, which they did. But as this card number was used to pay certain accounts, I had trouble getting all this straightened out.

Discount Tire Direct has caused me loss of time and a lot of stress. My record with AMEX is perfect so this was not an issue, it was the running of my card that caused the problem. AMEX would not tell me if this was a systemic problem at (DTD) or not. If it is, buyers should be particularly cautious. Try (((competitor's name redacted))).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2010 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISCOUNT-TIRE-DIRECT/internet/DISCOUNT-TIRE-DIRECT-The-Reinalt-Thomas-Corporation-RAN-MY-GOLD-AMEX-CARD-3-TIMES-CARD-DE-603481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISCOUNT TIRE DIRECT