Complaint Review: DISCOUNTED WHEEL WAREHOUSE

• Submitted: Sun, August 19, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, August 19, 2012

• Reported By: James — Hollywood California U.S.A.
DISCOUNTED WHEEL WAREHOUSE
1301 Burton St. Fullerton California 92831 Internet, California United States of America

DISCOUNTED WHEEL WAREHOUSE USA WHEELS & TIRES Lied, said they would charge a $100 holding fee on my card to order my wheels but charged $200! Refused to return my deposit when I cancelled. Avoid CARLOS he's a liar and theif. Internet, California

I was referred to Discounted Wheel Warehouse by another Wheel shop that did not have the wheels I was looking for. I phoned them and spoke with a guy name Carlos.  He told me they did not have the wheels I wanted but could order them. He said I would have to agree to a $100 holding fee to order them.

I agreed and gave him my credit card number over the phone. Days later I discovered that they had charged $200 on my card and not the $100 I had agreed to. When I cancelled the deal I told them I wanted my deposit back and they told me I would have to pay a $181 restocking fee! I told Carlos that he never told me there would be a $181 restocking fee when I gave him my credit card and that I wanted my money back.

He put me on hold to talk with his so call manager and returned a few minutes later stating that he would give me back $100. I was not happy about losing $100, but felt getting $100 back woulb be better than nothing.   Seven days later I checked my credit card statment online and discovered that Discounted Wheel Warehouse never redeposited the $100 as agreed.

These guys are both liars and thieves! I If you still elect to shop at this place I suggest you avoid dealing with CARLOS, this guy is a straight up liar and theif!  And especially DONT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER OVER THE PHONE FOR ANY REASONS!!!  They will charge whatever they want on it and lie to you and refuse to return your deposit if you cancel the order!!

I learned a valuable lesson, don't allow anyone to take a deposit from my credit card over the phone. Always do it in person so that you can stop any over charges!   What a freaking Scum bag that CARLOS dude is!!

Hope my posting helps others to avoid getting ripped off by these scum bags!!!  I'm going to file a complaint with my bank to see if they can get my money back!  Not gonna give up yet!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2012 04:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISCOUNTED-WHEEL-WAREHOUSE/Internet-California-92831/DISCOUNTED-WHEEL-WAREHOUSE-USA-WHEELS-TIRES-Lied-said-they-would-charge-a-100-holding-929338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISCOUNTED WHEEL WAREHOUSE