Complaint Review: DISCOVER CARD

• Updated: Fri, August 16, 2013

• Reported By: DRC — Glendale Arizona
DISCOVER CARD
PO Box 30943 Salt Lake City, Utah USA

DISCOVER CARD Discover Card backs compaines commenting fraud Salt Lake City Utah

*Author of original report: DiscoverCard will refund me 50% of the charge

*Author of original report: I'm making a few corrections that did not print

After we bought into a travel membership company “DESERT SKY TRAVEL” 4/27/13 we was not given time to think about it over night, we paid $4995 with our Discover Card.

After we paid was when we got the membership information, NO addresses, only one phone number and that was for the “Member Choice” agent.

After we got home I started searching to see if this was a legitimate company, it was NOT, we was only given 3 days to cancel.

I called the agent first thing Monday morning 4/29/13 and got the phone number for Desert Sky Travel. I called several times NO answer I left messages NO return call.

I then called DISCOVER CARD and explained our situation the Discover Card representative assured me that at Discover Card the 3 day cancelation policy will NOT hold up, that we are protected with Discover Card. He told me not to worry and let Discover Card handle everything with the dispute, they will check this company out and if this company appears to be not operating to Discover Card guidelines they will drop them. There was NO way possible to make the 3 day time frame going across the country to Florida. Discover Card did NOT defend me on the reason I wanted to cancel they only said I was not happy with the services. I want to cancel because this company is not operating legally.

On July 5, 2013 Discover Card closed the case in my favor, on July 11, 2013 Discover Card pulled the money out of my account and gave it back to Desert Sky Travel “AKA” My Vacation Connection”. Claiming I did not cancel within the 3 days. I then tried calling Desert Sky Travel they answered (it took 74 days for them to answer the phone) I told them we could not travel and is there a possibility I could cancel and maybe get a refund of some sort. They told me to sent the notebook back at the address I have along with a note stating the reason for cancelling. I mailed the package out July 13th 2013 Priority/Certified and tracked the package. On July 16, 2013 the package was being returned to me Desert Sky Travel was not at that location with no forwarding address.    and  I told Discover I followed the advice of the Discover Card representative, I was told basically it was my problem.

Finally on July I6, 2013 I  got a hold of a supervisor Sheila Eurrus and tried to explain I followed the Discover Card representatives advice to not worry about the 3 day cancelation policy.

I also told her that I sent the package back per the Desert Sky Travel instructions and they are NOT even at that address and the Miramar Beach, Florida has never heard of this company.

l listen to my calls on 4/29, 5/1, 5/3, 5/5 with the Discover Card reps telling me that with Discover Card I will NOT have to worry about the 3 day cancelation policy. Sheila called me back and said she listened to my calls and I was correct on what I was told and she is re-opening my case.

For the next 4 weeks I did some investigating myself on all businesses involved, “Desert Sky Travel” AKA “My Vacation Connection”, Member Choice, Member Travel Services all do business in Florida and they are affilated with each other. NONE of these companies have a business license to operate in Florida, and in Florida 4 is commenting fraud because they are operating in Florida selling travel without a business license. My Vacation Connection HAD a business license from 11/1/11 – 11/1/12 but it expired 11/1/12 and NOT renewed they had 29 complaints against it in Florida.

Also Desert Sky Travel needs to have a license to sell travel in Arizona, they DO NOT have a business license in Arizona.

I forwarded all this info I found on these companies to Discover Card and it turns out they don’t care they closed my case again in favor of the company stating I did not meet the 3 day cancelation time. So I’m out $4995 taking Discover Cards advice not to be concerned about the 3 days to a company commenting fraud that Discover Card is protecting.  On August 14,2013 another supervisor Genesis I think she's above Sheila kept asking me why I did not meet the 3 day time frame, and I kept telling her I was following Discovers advice. Genesis claimed she does not know what I’m talking about they can’t search back that far to listen to the recorded calls. How convenient.

Its no wonder these companies can continue to operate with credit card companies like Discover Card protecting them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2013 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISCOVER-CARD/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84130/DISCOVER-CARD-Discover-Card-backs-compaines-commenting-fraud-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-1076387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISCOVER CARD

DiscoverCard will refund me 50% of the charge

AUTHOR: DRC - ()

After I informed Discover Card that I was filing a complaint to the Arizona Attorney General because they are defending a company commenting fraud they forwarded my case to the Executive Offices @ Discover card.  Everyone @ Discover Card that was involved in my dispute telling me that I did not have to worry about the 3 day cancelation policy, now they conveniently don't remember telling me this. Also Discover Card conveniently no longer has my recorded telephone discussions to verify what I’m telling him and everyone else that I had spoken to at Discover since 4/19/2013.

The Executive said he believes what I'm telling him, but has nothing to back my claims up with conveniently NO recorded messages to listen to.  Discover Card will refund me 50% of the charge, and close the case, I figure it’s better than nothing.

I understand that Discover Card cannot change the way a contract is written, but you would think if the company does NOT have a travel business license which is commenting fraud the contract would NOT be valid and my signature would not be valid. I would like think that Discover Card and all the other credit card companies would protect their customers against companies like this. I guess NOT, its all about the big buck no matter who the credit card companies hurt.

But I will continue with my complaint against Desert Sky Travel, Member Travel Services, Member Choice. with the  Arizona Attorney General, Florida Attorney General, Florida Consumer Services, Federal Trade Commission, for operating a travel business selling travel without a business license, which is fraud.

I'm making a few corrections that did not print

AUTHOR: DRC - ()

Desert Sky Travel they are NOT even at that address and the Miramar Beach, Florida USPS has never heard of this company.

Supervisor SHEILA listen to my calls on 4/29, 5/1, 5/3, 5/5 with the Discover Card reps telling me that with Discover Card I will NOT have to worry about the 3 day cancelation policy. Sheila called me back and said she listened to my calls and I was correct on what I was told and she is re-opening my case.