adults

• Reported By: unhappy customer — Kansas United States of America
DISH NETWORK
9601 S. Meridian Blvd. ENGLEWOOD, Colorado United States of America

DISH NETWORK CUSTOMER ABUSE ENGLEWOOD, Colorado

*General Comment: I'm here to HELP has no meaning.

*UPDATE Employee: Customer service

I am beyond frustrated after spending 4 hours on the phone with dish network to be hung up on by a supervisor. I called dish network to reinstate my services reached an agent that was in another country. He could not assist me so he transferred me to his supervisor. The supervisors name was Chris, and he informed me that If I reinstated my services dish would waive my early termination fee, he also told me I would have to pay my past due balance of 31.52, purchase my own equipment, he offered me a a dual receiver for $99, and pay for a month of service in advance.... i said okay sounds good to me. I ask him if my monthly bill would stay the same and Chris stated "our policy is that you forfeit your credits and discounts once your contract is terminated, however I am a supervisor and I have the authority to override that, so once you reactivate your services all you credits would apply and your monthly bill will stay the same." He offered me a encore network discount of 1/2 off, at that point my call dropped.

I called back to dish network and ask to speak with the same supervisor but was told they did not have the ability to transfer to the same supervisor so he transfered me to another supervisor. I wasn't able to get her name because her accent was so strong, she did advise me the customer service department was outsourced. I told her everything the previous supervisor told me and she told me she had no proof that I spoke to a supervisor, so I suggested she listen to recorded calls, she informed me that I would have to wait 2 hours and call dish network back to allow them time to listen to the recorded calls but she could not honor having my bill stay the same as what I was told by the previous supervisor. We went back and forth on why dish network makes their cusotmers wait 2 hours to review recorded calls to finally I asked her to transer to me to her supervisor.

I was transfered to a person that I thought was a supervisor to find out 20 minuted into the conversation she was only an account specialist. Well she the said I will transer you to my supervisor. I again had to explain to this supervisor I had been on the phone with dish network for the last 4 hours and 12 minutes and that I was so frustrated I DID NOT WANT THE SERVICE. I told her that dish network supervisors has given me so much miscommunication and transferred me so many times to all I wanted to do is pay the early termination fee and be done with this company. I explained to her I have spent 4 hours of my day on the phone with dish network it was only right if dish network take that into consideration and discounted my early termination fee.

At that point all HE** broke loose with this supervisor. She told me there was no way for her to record calls and if the calls are recorded they are for agent purposes only not for the benefit of customers. So I said to her it should be for the benefit of customers as well because they have agents and supervisors making all types of deal and promotions that do not exist. I told her it was my right as a customer knmow if they can review the calls. She didnt seem to care, I asked her to find out why supervisors are able to make promises to customers that they cannot deliver upon. I asked her for the number for the billing department she told me there ISN'T ONE. I asked her for the department that handles recorded calls she said there ISN'T ONE. Its all about a sale to them, they will liet and tell you anything to get you to sign another contract. This was the most unprofessional supervisor in history. Long story short she hung up the phone in my face.

I HAVE HEARD STORIES OF CUSTOMER ABUSE BUT NEVER EXPERIENCED IT UNTIL TODAY

STAY AWAY FROM DISH NETWORK

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2013 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISH-NETWORK/ENGLEWOOD-Colorado-80112/DISH-NETWORK-CUSTOMER-ABUSE-ENGLEWOOD-Colorado-1027140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISH NETWORK

#1 General Comment

I'm here to HELP has no meaning.

AUTHOR: James - ()

Why create a Social Media team for your first line of defense in helping a customer. Is this not why you hired Supervisor's and CSR's. Shouldn't they be the ones to assist the customer with the problem they are having.

Why wait  to the point after you've totally pissed off the customer. Do you realize maybe we should try to help them. Maybe just maybe if you helped them to begin with. The customer wouldn't be going to Social Media to vent their frustrations out online.
I'm just has human as the next person and have made my share of mistakes. But recently I've been out on calls. Whereby  the Tech were also were unable to do their job

The Tech   installed a dish and didn't ground it , seal it to the roof and only anchored it into the decking only , didn't even try to screwing it into the rafter. Then I had to listen to 30 minutes of the CSR telling the customer the Tech told us there was no ground point, then he told the customer she signed a waver releasing them from liability for grounding, the Dish is sealed we use a clear chaulking and that's why you can't see it and then it change to it's in the hole with the screw. I personally can see clear chaulking, but I can't see invisible.

After all of that they finally agreed too send  a Tech out. I called the customer yesterday to be told . That the Tech told them he couldnt ground it . It had to be within 10 feet of the ground source of the house . We were told 20 feet and if we couldn't ground it . Not to install the system and just walk away from the job.

Actually the NEC states that we can run a number 12 ground wire over 250 feet. I under why they want to keep it within 20 feet.  But I often wonder if anyone else who works there does. One would be cost of materials and the second would be the more wire that's exposed EMP. The  more energy is picked up byt that wire.

What do you call a system of Rods on your roof with a ground wire about 1 inch in diameter. A Lightning Arresting System and what do you call a metal Dish on your with a 12 gauge ground wire?

Then you have a Tech tell you this " I just grounded your system to protect the equipment against lightning.  You know the Electric Companies, Cable Companies and the Phone Companies they all ground the equipment .  But no one can guarantee 100% protection from a Lightning Strike or it's effects . We ground equipment to protect the silly human's from Electrical Shock Hazzards.Another customer's system was just installed 2 weeks ago. it was grounded , but not sealed or anchored into the rafter.

I talked to a gentlemen while I was eating at a diner. He told me that he scheduled a service call with Dish. The Tech showed up and told him that he didn't have any connectors to run the extra room drop. So he had to call his boss to get permission to drive back 20 miles to Radio Shack to buy connectors .

I've made that same mistake back in the 1980's . I learned to keep a stash of extra parts, stop off at Radio Shack before I got to the customer's home. Or if i was doing an install , I would work on what I could. Then I would go to lunch and get what I needed.

When I was in the Air Force we would pool our money. Then go find the parts we needed locally and buy them. In order to get the equipment up and running again. It was about TEAM work in support of the mission. I watched NAVAIDS and the Tv shop do this also.

I would have stopped at Radio Shack and called and told my bossing what I was doing. Before I showed up at the customer's home and if I was running late called an inform the customer I was running behind.

Then about a month ago I talked to a gentlemen. Who called into Dish Network and talked to a CSR. He told them that his roof was being replaced and he needed a Tech to come out remove and re-install the dish. The CSR informed him tha they did not do that kind of work. So he ended up doing the work himself.

Why tell the customer "I'm here to help you" if it doesn't have much meaning.

Customer service

AUTHOR: CheriT @ DISH - ()

Hi, my name is Cheri Torres and I work on the Social Media Team at DISH. I would like to start off by apologize for the frustration this whole experience has caused you. I would be more than happy to review your account and see what I can do to help. Can you please send me an email at Cheri.Torres@dish.com with your account information? I look forward to helping you.

Cheri Torres