Complaint Review: DISH NETWORK

• Submitted: Sat, February 19, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, February 23, 2011

• Reported By: angry customer — Sunland California United States of America
DISH NETWORK

DISH NETWORK CHARGE FOR USING THE RETURN BOX THEY PROVIDED TO RETURN SATELLITE BOX Internet

*UPDATE Employee: DISH Network

I cancelled my Dish Network service after 10 years because I too was tired of the horrible customer service. However, I did not know how appalling it would actually become until after I returned the satellite receiver box to them, in the UPS box they provided.

I did not ask for the UPS box, nor was I told that there would be a charge for using this box. It is not in my initital contract, nor do they have anything printed anywhere that states you will be charged. There are many companies that want you to return their equipment back to them and pay for this service. However, I received a bill for $16.47. When I asked what it was for I was told because I used the box provided. It's nice that Dish comes back with the reasoning of "well, you have the option to use our labels, or choose your own shipping method".

Yes, you have those options before you have sent the item back and have been told exactly what the two options are. But not when someone is being deceptive and misleading and withholding information by telling you that if you send the equipment back you will be charged. I was told to put the receiver in the box YOU provided or I would be charged equipment fees.

I think Dish Network needs to remember that word of mouth spreads fast and a brand name is fragile. Good customer service is so easy to provide, but I guess you have to care first.

Tell you what Dish Network, instead of providing animated customer service by having a Dish Network Customer Service employee write some standard email back stating "At DISH, we do strive for outstanding customer service, and make sure that all agents are doing their job to provide that to our valued customers. I hope this helps out in understanding some of the things that happened upon your cancellation."

You can really put your money where your mouth is and credit my bill for account #82559095553***** for the $16.47 and show me that you do value providing customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2011 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISH-NETWORK/internet/DISH-NETWORK-CHARGE-FOR-USING-THE-RETURN-BOX-THEY-PROVIDED-TO-RETURN-SATELLITE-BOX-Inter-697557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISH NETWORK

DISH Network

AUTHOR: CheriT @ DISH Network - (USA)

Hi there, my name is Cheri Torres with DISH Network Customer Service. I would like to first apologize for the customer service issues that you have experienced with our company. I would be happy to look into your account and see what we might be able to do for you. You can email me at Cheri.Torres@Dishnetwork.com with your account information and I will see what I can do. I look forward to hearing from you so that we can do get this issue resolved as soon as possible. Thanks and have a good rest of your day!